April 30 - May 4, 2007

Toups

• Members

GH will loses if they keep dragging out this paternity secret that is making everyone looks stupid. Liz looks like a selfish witch and Jason a moron. He won't let AJ the drinker raise his own son but Jason would let Lucky the pill popper raise his? Sam's learns the truth but says nothing. YAWN

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jason baby wasn't truly born until this Monday and all the show fell but GH still is in great shape. Weddings always boost the ratings. You remind me of S&C fans who said a Carjax wedding would tank the ratings it didn't. Jason baby didn't either and no one said it would.n However, they will suffer loses the longer they drag the story out.

• Members

NBC doesn't even have a Top 20 show right now, but I think promoting it with Heroes or Deal or No Deal would be ideal.

I am so sick of these ratings and how they are tallied. At least 10% of soap watchers now DVR their soaps and like the article above states/proves the ratings are deflated with such a small sample. I am surprised I never hear/read excuses from any of TPTB about how the ratings are tallied. I just would love to see SoapNet's ratings as well.....

• Members

AMEN!!!

I, too, would love to see the Soapnet numbers because I would bet so many catch soaps on there now and that is why the live ratings are worse off now. Yeah, the shows are nowhere near what they used to be but I do think the ratings system has major flaws and it's a same the future of shows depends on these numbers.

• Members

I think there are MANY reasons for ATWT's fall....but once again, JP and CG have done NOTHING during sweeps. What's the BIG story? Gaslighting Craig? They had all of April to set that up, yet Scott Bryce only had 4 or 5 appearances. Carly's return? Making Jack into a buffoon for Katie isn't impressing anyone, AND they waited two weeks into sweeps (almost) to bring her back. They're not even running "Carly's back" commercials, for crying out loud.

I swear, I don't understand the obsession TIIC have with Gwen, but they KEEP shooting themselves in the foot. WHERE are Henry and Vienna, who a lot of people like? Why isn't Luke getting some buildup, with a new boytoy coming on soon? Why hasn't Scott Bryce been used more? You can't expect people to care when newbies like Cleo, Ali and Brad are driving story.

• Members

The fact that more people are watching TV in different ways now is an interesting and good point. I think advertisers are going to have to realize (if they haven't already) that less people are watching commercial...or at least, less often...and that cancelling shows with low numbers and replacing them with new ones is not necessarily going to get ore people tuning around live to catch their ads.

• Members

I have to wonder if that's not why, King. Especially since it's NOT canceled anymore. That is, it's not ending, and word should be getting around about that.

Anyway, I have to wonder if douchebag affiliates haven't dropped "Passions" or put it to the late night hours. The truth is the show is great right now, and there's NO justification for these ratings -- other than the douchebag affiliates, of course.

• Members

And again, Manny, I just don't buy this theory that people leave in droves due to a cancellation. If anything, that'd give fans the promise of RESOLUTION to plots. And let's not forget how great it is to watch the series finale of any show. And because soaps are so few and far between, it makes NO sense why they'd LEAVE because it's canceled, as opposed to sticking it out to see how it all ends and catching it before it's gone forever.

• Members

Well I know that... And I don't understand why people would quit watching simply because they know a show is ending.. I don't do that... I watched SuBe till the very end, even though I knew months ago that the show was cancelled.

But it seems that in USA people do that... they stop watching if they know the soap is cancelled... I know that SuBe's ratings kept dropping before rising a bit for the final week and I believe the same thing happened to AW... and probably to PC, and Santa Barbara...

Archived