American Idol: Discussion Thread

R!ck

• Members

Here are the final DialIdol standings after the lines were closed in all timezones.

Hopefully Phil & Sanjaya or Jared and Sanjaya get the boot

Chris Sligh 21.98%

Chris Richardson 21.66%

Blake Lewis 20.56%

Brandon Rogers 16.5%

Sanjaya Malakar 15.86%

Phil Stacey 15.02%

Jared Cotter 13.07%

Sundance Head 12.07%

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

DialIdol isn't exactly accurate, at least in the early stages, although it does give a good impression on who is popular and who isn't.

I still hope Sanjaya goes despite being so damn high. I think Phil has more potential over Brandon and Jared so him going would really suck.

Sigh.

What are the voters smoking?

• Members

If Sundance survives it will be because of where he is from and his fan base. I think Phil is in danger as well as Brandon and Jared. As much as I love Sundance, I think he should go and also Brandon, because he definitely doesn't have range so background singer is where he belongs....my opinion. He has a fan base, however so Jared maybe go instead.

I just hope the girls are better. Last night is being tauted as the worst ever American Idol talent night.

• Members

I think Blake & Chris were far above the rest, and voted for them 20 times each. My 3rd fave was Brandon and I voted for him like 12 times. Phil Stacy was the worst tonight. His singing "I Need You" by LeAnn Rimes was absolutley one of the worst performances this season and Simon was right on by saying he looked "psycho" at the begining with his bugged-out eyes, lmao. I hope two of these go --- Sanjaya ( who actually was some better, his "Paula" hair was an improvement, but he should get it cut, since he does look girly and I agree with always AMC about the gay thing.), Phil or Sundance. I was definite Sanjaya and Sundance, but after Phil's horrible performance, I'd pick him over Sundance, with Sundance very likely the 1st of the Top 12 to go.

• Members

Okay....forget Lakisha....MELINDA IS WHERE IT'S AT. I frickin' LOVED her tonight. She was absolutely flawless. Holy cow she even got me on my feet. And we share one thing in common, with her 'something about me.' I always have to do the same thing on both ends to equal out. So that threw me by surprise :lol:

BEST

Melinda

Lakisha

Jordin

GOOD

Jordin

Sabrina

Gina

WORST

Antonella -HOW DARE YOU DESTROY MY SONG.

Haley

• Members

Wow the girls are so much better than the guys.

Melinda, Lakisha - those two will go far. I really liked Gina tonight too. I really hope she stays bc she really proved herself tonight.

Antonella is already getting $250,000 offers once she's off AI to pose in magazines...she just needs to get off AI bc she can't sing. So I hope her and Haley leave tomorrow.

I am a lot like Melinda too - I'm a little OCD like her where everything has to be equal. Weird.

• Members

I'm still loving Melinda's performance. She is a TRUE professional. Her stage presence, vocals, control, and energy is off the charts. I love her. Melinda is officially my favorite this year. I hope someone YouTube's that.

• Members

Did they ever blow the boys out again. What a shame that two of them have to go. Well, actually, there are two who should go LOL. Again, Melinda just was fabulous and so endearing. I just love her. Lakisha was wonderful, too and I love her. Stephanie is gorgeous and for her youth (19) she will be up there with them at their ages or before. Those are definitely the top three in my book. The bottom are Haley, Gina and Antonella. I think Antonella will be spared due to the sympathy vote and fanbase. Gina doesn't have a big fanbase and I believe her performance tonight will turn a great deal of voters away, especially in the south and midwest, small towns.

Early Dial Idol has Haley, Antonella and Sabrina the bottom three. That will most certainly change over the next few hours.

• Members

My favorite guys were Blake, Chris R, and Chris S. I do like Phil and Brandon too and want them all the make the top 12. I would throw in Sundance I guess and he can go home fast. Sanjaya has got to go but it's not looking good for that.

My favorite girls were Melinda (who is my pick to win IMO), Lakisha, Gina, Stephanie, and Sabrina. I like Jordin too so I hope those are the 6 girls. I used to like Haley but I don't like her attitude and hse was off tonight. Antonella was a bit better tonight but still needs to go.

If Stephanie and/or Sabrina goes tomarrow, that will be a crime.

Archived