American Idol: Discussion Thread

R!ck

• Members

Best guys IMHO, were Blake Lewis, Chris Richardson, Jared Cotter, Brandon Rogers (improved), AJ Tabaldo & Chris Sligh, with Phil Stacy next (much improved).

I wish would go home and vote the worst must have them as their picks ===== Sundance FatHead and Sanjaya "I'm in Love with Michael Jackson" Malakar.

Best girls, of course, were Melinda Doolitle, Sabrina Sloan, Stephanie Edwards, LaKisha Jones, Jordin Sparks & Gina Glocksen. Haley Scarnato was surprisingly good IMHO, and Randy & Simon were way too hard on her this week and Paula was absolutely right.

Worst and should go home Alaina who didn't even have the tune of "Not Ready to Make Nice" and pretty Antonella, who should become a model and forget singing since she can't carry a tune and seems to be a beatch. Leslie could end up going though due to her weirdness.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm inclined to agree unless Sundance has another relapse of lack of confidence. Right now, I'm even ready to declare Melinda the winner due to her poise and composure. She is very professional, has the voice and I just love her. She comes across as a very sensitive and caring person.

• Members

If Antonella makes it to the top 6 over some of these other girls I will be very mad. Soem of these girls are giving some magnificent performances and trying. Antonella has been bad for both of them. This will definitely be a case where America gets it wrong if they don't send her out.

And if Sundance makes it to the final 4 that is another bad choice. I have not liked him at all - even in his tryout.

• Members

Yeah. I liked her too King but she butchered one of favorite songs of all time last week and she just takes on the wrong songs. She takes on these big songs and tries to avoid the high notes by pulling most of them out of the song and it dilutes the song, leaving you with a boring song and a forgettable performance.

The fact that Sanjaya, Antonella, and Sundance (who wasn't bad this week but still) are getting more votes then many of the more talented and hard working singers makes me fear for what may happen this season.

• Members

Actually I don't think Antonella is all that bad. She was scared and nervous last week and this week, I thought she was being careful not to in any way be compared with Celine. She did it HER WAY and I rather enjoyed it. She still showed some nerves, but I think she is as good as some of the other girls who have a shot at number 6. Of course, if she does get number 6, she probably will be the first girl to go (as does any of the others who might get number 6).

• Members

Voting has now concluded in all time zones. Here are DialIdols final results. Let's see how right they are this week?

100% Safe

Melinda Doolittle - 14.4%

Lakisha Jones - 12.48%

Possible B3

Antonella Barba - 10.92%

Jordin Sparks - 7.73%

Alaina Alexander - 7.60%

Sabrina Sloan - 6.69%

Haley Scarnato - 5.89%

Leslie Hunt - 5.61%

Stephanie Edwards - 5.60%

Gina Glocksen - 4.97%

• Members

I find it hard to see Gina and Stephanie the bottom two. Surely they won't be the ones to go this time. I expect Leslie and Haley but if they don't go this time, surely they will next week.

Rick, you are cool....yes she does resemble Lily Tomlin only a bit stouter.

• Members

ITA. Lakisha, Stephanie and Melinda are leagues above the other girls. They just dont compare.

Im not feeling the Gina love. I think she is overated and didnt see anything great about her performance. I hope she gets the boot

Archived