American Idol: Discussion Thread

R!ck

• Members

I was really disappointed that Rudy went home. I am not sure I wanted him in the top 6 but I do feel he was good this week and definitely better than Sundance. I don't see Sundance growing but I think Rudy could.

As far as the girls they were good choices. The one girl was good but as Simon said her performance was so unforgettable. I forget which one that was, but I actually liked her voice. Worlds better than Antonella's who I felt should go home very soon.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Looking back at Antonella's audition, she was good and Simon said she had natural talent, which I agreed with at the time. She seems to shine at the Hollywood auditions, too hence her being in the top 24. She was so nervous she could scarcely stand during the last show. I felt so sorry for her because she was just completely not wanting to be there. Now that all the jabs about her wild side are being flaunted on the Internet, I fell extremely sad for her. If she was worthless, she wouldn't care an iota about how others looked at her. She really cares and I hope she can be able to get a grip and continue. The producers said they are aware of the accusations about her in the photos on the Internet but so far they haven't seen anything to disqualify her for and aren't sure where those photos even came from.

Note: Anyone can make up stuff and doctor photos, which may or may not be the case here.

From the behavior of Angela, her friend, and Antonella at the auditions in Hollywood, I'd say she has been grossly malaligned. She didn't show wild behavior and did try to rehearse with Bailey Brown, but it was easy to see as far as I could see, that she was very disturbed with her friends behavior. Until I hear from official sources, I'm on Antonella's side and rooting for her to get her groove back.

• Members

I just saw this on the homepage of Yahoo. Some of these are huh moments? But I am so glad to see Martina McBride going to AI!!! Sheis one of the best female voices in country music to date and she'll be able to teach those guys and gals a lot I am thinking, much more than Kenny Rogers was.

• Members

Yeah, I heard about the Antonella thing.

I agree with Jean on this. Her friend seemed like someone with a wild side but Antonella seems much more subdued and was trying to practice in Hollywood with Bailey while the friend was flirting. I will root for Antonella too. I know she is better then she showed last week. She needs to be impressive this week though because her looks will onyl get her so far and that is what got her through this week. Looks and the fact that Idol has been propping her alot and that gives her an advantage.

• Members

I love that Gwen Stefani and Jennifer Lopez are going to be on because it totally undercuts the idea that you need a good singing voice to be the American Idol. I have no hate for those two, but singing ain't their strength.

With the scandal (those photos) I wonder if Antonella's gonna have to go.

And listening to just the vocals on mp3s- I love Melinda even more. Her, Stephanie, and Sabrina. Good stuff.

• Members

I hope J. Hud stays away from her Idol roots! They were awful to her. Yeah, they gave her her start, but they did not want her to win, and it was evident from day ONE. She should stay far away from this show and keep on goin' down the path of stardom she was meant for! IMO, she's *TOO* good for AI.

• Members

I didn't see her Idol days, but in spite of how folks perceive the way Idol treated her, they did expose her talent to shine on broader horizons. Without that exposure, she could still be singing in a little church at home or off broadway or something. The huge exposure of Idol, I would think, is a treasure to every one seen for whatever amount of time. The country is filled with awesome talent it seems. Idol is a great way to see a little of it. I for one thought is was little of her not to mention or reference some part of Idol. In the pre-show, she said she would probably mention Simon. Wonder if she really forgot, never meant what she said or was just too numb to think, because you could see that she truly didn't expect to win.

• Members

I agree. Idol wasn't the reason she won the Oscar. Kelly never thanked Idol either when she won her Grammy's, I don't think. At least Carrie did.

I don't think it's a big deal she didn't thank Idol. Yeah it gave her a start I guess. I dunno, it just didn't bother me.

And ugh ... I'm not looking forward to the guys tonight. I just pray that once the Top 12 hits, the guys get picked off leaving the girls :lol:

But it seems girls tend to go first, despite talent.

• Members

Sigh.

Meh.

Phil, Blake and Chris Richardson were the best ... again. But AJ stepped it up in a big way. Good job dude!

I missed Chris Sligh's performance but I'll go back and re-watch it.

Jared was decent. Not outstanding. But I think good enough.

Sanjaya ... oh god. He's endearing in a Kevin Covais way (well, I disliked Kevin actually) and I worry he might stick around like Kevin did.

Archived