American Idol: Discussion Thread

R!ck

• Members

Did anyone see the predictions for the final 24? I forgot where I saw it but there were only about seven on there that I agreed with and we haven't even seen all of the contestants perform.

Some performers will be able to come across with personality and talent when they perform their skits. That's what I'm looking for. Next week when the twenty-four perform, we can start guessing for the final 12. The way they announce the final 12 is one of my favorite parts of AI.

My list of safe bets:

Chris Sleigh

Melinda Doolittle

Sundance Head

Sanjaya Malakar

Ebony Jointer

Lakisha Jones

Jimmy McNeal

and

I think

Antonella Barber

Bailey Brown

should make it.

There is a website

http://americanidoltop20.com

that is doing a good job of keeping up with the popular rankings.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I felt so sad for him.

My hopes seem to be in pretty good shape except I didn't see Ebony Jointer at all so don't know if she was cut with a whole group or not. Also, I'm not sure that Kelisha Jones was there but think so. Why they cut Bailey Brown instead of Amanda the first time is beyond me. Amanda even forgot her words and was awful. I was happy she was cut the second time around. That is my one big gripe for the night.

Tomorrow should be fun. I can hardly wait to hear the judges words to each contestant.

• Members

Is it just me or is there no one there that is appealing to me and making me root for them to be the nest Idol? They all seem a bit bland to me and no personality is jumping out. By this point, well actually in the auditions, I had plenty of favorites but none this year

• Members

How shocking was that tonight. I never saw at least half who were voted through and some of the ones they sent home had talent oozing over some that were chosen. I tried to figure out what the judges saw in some of them and could not. They just will have to be the ones eliminated to get to the final 12.

I was shocked that Sundance made it when Jason actually was better in what I saw....but I'm happy he did make it. I'm happy Kelisha made it. I'm happy Annatelle (sp) made it. The doowop, bebop guy, love him. Love Sanjaya.

Next week we get another look at them. I think that the redhaired girl may be the first girl to go. Have to watch her next week. I think one of the guys will go rotfl as I cannot remember his name but will know him when I see him. How long does it take to get to the final 12? Surely not six more weeks.

Archived