American Idol: Discussion Thread

R!ck

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Okay!! So far this is looking to be fun!!! That poor "BFF" with American Idol...seriously. LOL!!!

I agree Matt the boy who was 16...I feel dirty because he was cute!! And I love the Spanish girl and the "Crack Baby" girl!!!

That boy who juggled and stuff...that was the best thing I have ever seen on TV in a long time!!!!!

Wanda Skyes does an AI skit and it so funny, "It's beauitful. They're so mean, that's beautiful." I'm loving it!!

• Members

I thought it was boring. I actually fell asleep for a bit. The only good singer I remember is Crack Baby. I know thats mean but I cant rememebr her name and you know who Im talking about. She has a good voice. I did roll my eyes though when I heard her story bc Im hoping she's not another Kellie Pickler. I didnt feel much sympathy for her and hope that little bit wasnt used to garner some sympathy votes

• Members

I felt BAD for that first girl who said Jewel was her real life Idol - and then they just tear her a new one! Even Jewel said she was horrible to her face, without even trying to soften the blow! That poor girl was just in tears!

Anyway I really liked Perla (I think she is the crackbaby) - and I liked the Spanish girl mainly bc of her personality, she wasn't the best singer - and then I liked the 16 year old guy.

The Navy guy and Army Reservist/Wife were both ok - but I doubt we'll see them much further - well maybe the Navy guy will get further, but the Army wife no way.

LMAO at the juggler and then the AI BFF chick after him. Just straight up LMAO!

FINALLY - did anyone notice how Paula got more and more drunk as the episode went along? Seriously, after each person her speech was slurred even worse than the time before and she kept moving around...it was bad.

• Administrator

Last night's ratings courtesy of Marc Berman of Mediaweek.

8:00 p.m. American Idol

17.4/26 -- 31.09 million -- 12.8/32

8:30 p.m. American Idol

20.2/29 -- 37.08 million -- 15.4/35

9:00 p.m. American Idol

21.3/31 -- 39.70 million -- 16.7/37

9:30 p.m. American Idol

22.5/33 -- 41.84 million -- 18.0/40

Peaked at 42 millions!! WOW!!

• Members

^^WOW! Those are some huge numbers!

On The View today, Rosie mentioned how Paula Abdul was really 'thirsty' last night and that be the end of the show, she had a wandering eye...haha - it was hilarious bc I was totally noticing how she kept getting more and more drunk throughout the show. That poor Paula needs some HELP!

• Members

WOW what fantastic ratings for Minneapolis auditions.

It was a long two hours but there were about four who actually seem interesting to me. There were on 17 out of them all when were chosen to go on to Hollywood. My picks:

Denise

Sarah

Matt (16 year old boy I think that's his name)

Jarrod (Reagan Idol winner I may have these two mixed up)

Simon and Randy were their usual selves, but Paula was a wreck. I didn't know if she would make it through. Something is definitely wrong with her.

This year Jewel was added to the judges so there are four instead of three. I'm thinking Jewel may be taking Paula's place when she has to drop out. Right now Jewel is the hostess of Nashville Star so she is not free for a while.

I enjoyed Denise and Sarah the most.

• Members

Well at least Paula was able to stay somewhat sober tonight - she must have saved up her boozing for the Seattle interviews she did that is all over YouTube right now...haha

Anyway - tonight was so funny...but some of the comments made my Simon and Randy were too much - telling that one guy he looked like a monkey in the jungle and then calling the tall girl a giraffe. It almost feels like watching the high school bullies gang up on the uncomfortably social freshman...and that's a little uncomfortable to watch.

Anyway a couple of them were good - that one 16 year old girl was good.

Overall though, last night was MUCH better.

• Members

WHY?? WHY??? Why do these people go to make a fool of themselves? I mean seriously, if you have not seen the show then why do you want to go on there. YOU SUCK!!! Face it and you are just setting yourself of for faiure...if the three judges are laughing at you while you sing, you should just leave and not even wait.

Those were awful....and I love when the people who suck, I mean really suck and then they say, "Oh I sing country." It won't sound any better!!

• Members

Wow were they right. Seattle was horrible.

There were a few standouts but the fact that I don't remember very many singers speaks volumes. I liked the young teenage boy yesterday with the mark or whatever on his nose. I also liked the Spanish girl and that young blond girl. On tonight's show, I loved the Jordan girl. She was really good. I always like when they start cutting people and making the group smaller because it makes it easier to talk about. There are just too many right now.

So far, it seems they are showing more of the worst then the best. Some of these people are downright creepy. As for Paula, I sometimes wonder if they tell her to act like that because so much of her reaction and beahavior comes off fake to me. Simone and Randy's comments were a bit much but people know what they are getting into. They want their TV time and they play it up. I used to feel bad for some of them but not anymore. They way they act and now so many of them don't even act like they care about the competition as much as getting on TV. They dress up, do things that makes you wonder if they are acting strangly on purpose, etc.

I just wish people would learn from seasons past and go to a professional vocal coach or singer and ask if they think they are good before auditioning. It would save them so much heartache and embarassment but, like I said, I don't think most care. They get their 15 minutes of fame and hope something comes of it. if people were smart and made sure they didn't suck before coming on, we wouldn't have what the show gives us now and people actually love this stuff.

The ratings were great. The show surely isn't losing steam that's for sure.

• Members

I actually decided to tune in last night for some of it and boy did they have some awful singers! Some of them were downright scary. It makes me wonder if a few of them were doing it on purpose just to get on TV.

Out of all of them, Jordan really stood out. She hit those high notes with no hesitation. The other guy that brought his dog, with the ripped jeans and afro, he was also good. The Indian brother/sister team was good as well, but I agreed with Simon that the brother had the better voice. His sister seemed too full of herself.

Can anyone tell me what happened with that short bug-eyed dude that Paula was calling sick? I had to leave the room for a moment but caught the tail end of the commotion.

Archived