American Idol: Discussion Thread

R!ck

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jewel's a dumb hoe. She had talent once upon a time, but lately, she just dresses like a skank and has become this pop princess who I really am not a fan of. I couldn't even watch all two hours of her. I turned it off after 45 mins.

• Members

OH MY GOSH.

This is the freakiest thing I have EVER seen.

I can't say [!@#$%^&*]!!!

This is so strange!!!

Anyway, about Jewel -- I'll agree that the one time she was WRONG, WRONG, WRONG, (and this was an episode I heard about about from Rosie, didn't actually see it) was when one of her biggest fans performed for her and she just said something like, "No," with a blank expression.

WHAT a (word I can't say!!!)

• Members

The two guys that started AI's newest controvesry, the "bush baby" and the big dude in the Hawaiian shirt, were on the Today Show this morning talked about how they were treated and apparently they already have agents. They didn't seem too upset about Simon, Randy, and Paula's comments, but thought it was a little out of line. I hope something positive comes out of this, but I fear they'll only be exploited.

• Members

http://www.realitytvmagazine.com:80/blog/2...nce_head_i.html

January 23, 2007

Sundance Head, Is He Headed For The American Idol 6 Finals?

Sundance Head is twenty-seven years old and is from Porter, Texas. Sundance said that his dad named him Sundance because “You know, I don’t know. My folks are hippies, so I guess that’s how I got the name. I don’t know, it was hell to grow up with it.” In addition to being a hippie, Sundance’s dad was also a singer named Roy Head, who had a number song in 1965 with “Treat Her Right.” The song got knocked off the charts by “Yesterday” by the Beatles.

Before his audition, Sundance Head said “Of course, I expected to be famous before I graduated high school, so I didn’t put very much effort into that. Uh, sure wish I could have done that again.” Sundance also added “I think when I walk in they’re not going to be prepared for what they are going to hear, you know, I’m really going to blow their minds, that’s what I believe. Watch them kick me out and you air this on TV later…look what a smartass he was.”

Sundance Head told Simon Cowell that he was having a lucky year because he got married to his wife that he had been with for seven years, he was having a baby that’s due on Christmas day, and he made it to American Idol.

For his Memphis audition, Sundance sang “Stormy Monday” by Bobby Blue Band. Paula Abdul said “Powerful voice, didn’t expect it.” Randy Jackson said “We're in Memphis, and you come in singing a Blues song, and blew it out. Man, you sounded great, dude, amazing.” Simon Cowell said “Probably one of the best voices we’ve heard on the audition tour this year in every way.” Simon also added “I’m going to be amazed if you don’t make the finals. I thought it was terrific, well done.” Needless to day, Sundance Head made it through to Hollywood by a unanimous decision from the judges.

http://www.realitytvmagazine.com/blog/2007...is_means_t.html

Memphis Means Talent For American Idol

After stops in Minneapolis and Seattle that brought out an unusual array of bad singers, the talent finally showed up for American Idol at the Memphis auditions, and it showed up in a big way. Sundance Head might have sang his way into the early favorite spot for this season. His powerful rendition of “Stormy Monday” by Bobby Blue Band led the usually reserved Simon Cowell to declare “I’m going to be amazed if you don’t make the finals.”

Sundance wasn’t the only talent in Memphis. Sean Michel walked into the auditions looking like someone who showed up with a gimmick outfit because he can’t sing. However, even though Sean might have looked and dressed like Fidel Castro, he sang “God’s Gonna Cut You Down” with a passion that would have made Johnny Cash himself proud. After his audition, Randy Jackson yelled, “I say 100% yes. It don’t matter what you look like, you can blow.”

The guys weren’t the only ones that delivered in Memphis. Melinda Doolittle had to sit on her hands to stop the shaking before her audition, but during her audition, she was a polished professional. Melinda’s rendition of “For Once In My Life” received some of the highest praise this year from Simon Cowell. Cowell told Melinda, “You are in the top 2% of good singers this year.”

Danielle McCulloch and Philip Stacy also made it through in Memphis, but they did not receive the unanimous approval of the judges. Randy Jackson told Danielle that he didn’t think she was that good and that he thought she would be gone “like first day, first minute,” but Paula Abdul and Simon Cowell disagreed and put her through to Hollywood. Philip Stacy had one of the most interesting background stories, as his wife had given birth to his daughter that morning. Simon Cowell thought Philip couldn’t start his songs well, but it didn’t matter, because both Paula Abdul and Randy Jackson said “yes.”

Of course, Memphis wasn’t without the mixture of cruelty and unusualness that we have come to expect from American Idol. On the cruel side, Christopher McCain talked about how his wife had just left him before his audition. After Christopher belted out a lackluster “Footloose," Simon Cowell said “I’m tempted to ask if you sang that the night before your wife left.” On the unusual side, Frank Byers Jr. showed up with his own cheerleading squad and marching band. After he was rejected by the American Idol judges, he still had enough enthusiasm to lead a cheer with Ryan Seacrest, and the noise led an angry Simon Cowell to storm out of the audition room and yell at them to shut up.

• Members

I finally have a fav! The homeless guy! He was awesome. And mark my words once they shave that ridiculous Osama beard off of him and cut that awful hair, he is going to be one handsome dude.

I did like Sundance, as well. We may have a clear winner already.

Archived