AMC: Friday

• Members

If Eden weren't playing Binks I would loathe the [!@#$%^&*] for all the reasons you mentioned. It's OBVIOUS why Zarf had the drugs. And I agree that, doubts or no, if someone told you they were transgendered, you would immediately think "Ohmighosh, what if it's true, what if they're hormones?" when you heard about the drugs. Of course, Eden is such a masterful and charismatic performer that it's impossible to hate Bianca, even when she is being an irrational moron.

I just have to say it: my favorite character in daytime at the moment is Bianca Montgomery!

And my favorite soap at the moment? "All My Children!"

Who saw that coming, I know.

Well, congrats, Binks, because you did the unthinkable: you knocked one Ms. Theresa Lopez Fitzgerald Crane from my #1 slot. (FYI, girlfriend: Mrs. Crane held the slot for seven straight years. ;) ) Ditto that for the "favorite show" title. Now, "Passions" takes a close #3 behind "Days of Our Lives" at #2.

And they say Frons is doing something wrong. :rolleyes:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He's not 40, silly, he's only 25. Not only could Greg Madden save fetus he could reverse age them. Josh a is saint, of course he wants Babe. They're perfect for each other. And hopefully a double target for the serial killer. I'd tune in to see that. :D

• Members

I hear you on that. Normally, I like the "good girls" the least. I cannot bear Robin Scorpio on GH for example. But there is just something about ER that makes me love Bianca no matter how much I'd rather not. :P She totally saved those Babe/Bianca scenes . I'm pretty sure if anyone else were playing Bianca I'd have been calling for the characters head today. As it is, I was looking for was to justify her position.

• Members

A lotta people didn't like the show back then (around 2003-2004, pretty much McTash's first six months). This was when the Cambias murder trial pretty much was what the Satin Slayer storyline is now. It factored into a lot of the running plots. I personally loved most of it. I specifically remember the hearing, where EVERYONE INVOLVED turned in AMAZING performances. It was just an incredible thing to watch. It was all so tense and steamy and boxy in that courtroom. Erica throwing a pitcher of ice water at Michael...priceless!

• Members

^ IA, that was a great time for AMC. MMT could write at that point. I loved how the town rallied for Bianca, and everyone was willing to confess to confuse the judge and get Bianca off. I have the scene where she confess to the murder on tape, and how she thanks everyone in PV who are all there in the courtroom. It's one heck of a scene. I loved how all of PV was invovled, and people rallied together, rather then fought apart. It's one of the few times in MMT's current reign of terror that I can look back on and talk about proudly.

Oh, how I miss this show. :(

• Members

Ah yes...the community feeling was so there. When you look at what AMC was in early 2003 and compared it to a year later, the improvement is undeniable. I mean my God...I think some people truly like to forget how [!@#$%^&*] horrible AMC was in early 2003. Max Alexander was leading a storyline! We had the most obnoxious teen couple of all time...JR (played by Andrew Ridings) and Laurie. The neverending will-she-or-won't-she relationship between Maggie and Henry. Why was that boring? Because it was will she or won't she...tell Professor Stevens that Henry cheated on a test in pre-chemistry. Aidan and Maria...err...Maureen on the run in Jamaica. I think the only shining light in it all of this was the stuff with Davida and Anna.

Holler all you want, but there was once a time and a place where Megan McTavish was NEEDED at AMC.

• Members

ITA, I watched bits and pieces back then but once Bianca was raped, the whole feeling changed. It was like a torch was lit, and that spark that made AMC, AMC returned. And then the town put aside their difference, but not in a way that was out of character, to have Bianca's back. It was a beautiful thing.

Even I agree with that, and I 'd like to burn her at the stake.LOL She was on spot in 2003-2004 and some points during the baby swap. And she gave me D&E, twice, so I will always love her.LOL I think she's burnt out again, which seems to be her pattern after the first 2-2 1/2 years. She's got nothing left, and she's resulting to cheap ratings stunts, that are completely against everything that the show stands for. Her time is up.

Oh man, I miss AMC. Gees.LOL I thought I was past this.

• Members

I dropped AMC and MMT brought me back in summer of 2003. I absoultey loved her stuff. Funny thing is that she was the one that drove me away again. I had to drop the show this fall bc her stuff got so bad. Its better now, but I doubt it will last

• Members

There was a time I believed that MMT could be AMC's savior. That she was going to bring the show back to something that made me proud, made me smile, made me nearly crazy with anticipation waiting for the next day. And until late 2005 early 2006 (namely, for me anyway, Josh) she was the road to doing that, I thought.

And then she goes and throws all caution to the wind and slaps everything this show stands for in the face. Janet murdered Trevor and keeps him in a freezer, I don't e'fing think so. Edmund was destoryed and then murdered and treated like crap under someones shoe. Johnathon and the whole tumor crap, and then the icing on the cake, Josh. It's like one day she woke up and decided to totally go against everything AMC built, just because she could. And I do believe based on all her comments, etc. that she believes herself to the be the "sh*t". That she has the power, she should have the power, she's right and we're wrong.

She doesn't care about the fans, or even the characters, unless they're, Babe, Ryan or Josh.

I want her gone, yesterday. And I make no secret of that.

For me, as long as Josh is on AMC, I will never watch again. And aside from one day, I've stuck to that, and will continue too.

• Members

I agree that McT is only good for about 2 years. Add that to the fact that the current EP is a doormat. I guess the show has improved slightly, but it's still FAR from where it should be. There have been SO MANY "Jump the Shark" moments in the last 2 years. Let's try to name them all.

I'll start:

-JR pees on Josh at the hospital

Someone else go.

Archived