DAYS: "Geezers, Step Aside!"

• Members

From TV Guide:

For more than 20 years, Days of Our Lives has been ruled by two terrorist patriarchs - Stefano Dimera and Victor Kiriakis. But it's a new day. Stefano is now just a body in an oxygen tent and has been replaced by his lusty, evil son EJ. And on January 12, Victor's kid Philip, and Iraq War amputee, will return to the show a bitter hell-raiser. "I'm moving Philip into a key position of power," says head writer Hogan Sheffer. "Nothing against John Aniston, but he's in his seventies. I can't have people beating up on the guy. It's time to turn Salem over to the next generation of badasses."

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No offense, but I sort of agree. I want to see Stephano and Victor in action, but how long can they keep it going? Stephano and Victor are not immortal. It's sort of cool to see their heirs take over and wreak (sp?) havoc on everyone.

• Members

Well, I don't think that age matters when it comes to being a villain. You don't have to be musclebound and fighting someone at every turn.

I do understand the need to set up the next generation, though -- both the villains and the good guys. It's necessary for the show's future.

I'm so intrigued by this new Phillip. He sounds like he's going to be a complete bastard. I hope like hell that JKJ pulls it off!

• Members

Makes sense. The thread title is a little harsh given that Hogan wasn't quoted as saying that. Quotes are usually reserved for stuff that was said or written. Anyhoo, I agree with Hoggie. Victor should be present, but there is a point where someone younger steps in so it makes sense.

At a certain point, focusing on keeping down solid foods overtakes the desire to scheme.

• Members

I mean, Days can only rely on its villains of the past for so long.

How long is it going to be Stefano, Stefano, Stefano? Don't get me wrong, Stefano's a great villain. He'll probably never be beat. But the fact is, a new generation is sprouting and it would be completely idiotic to have Stefano meddling in the lives of youngsters. It would be an insult to both viewers AND the characters.

Bring on the next generation! And thank the heavens above that Hogan is the one to develop it.

• Members

My thought exactly. I'm hoping that when Hogan says he's bringing in the new generation, that it doesnt necessarily mean he's completely taking out the older generation. It makes sense to use Philip, Shawn, Belle, EJ, etc as main players...they are the show's future after all. But that could certainly be done while at the same time keeping Victor (and maybe Stefano) in play as well. The two generations can both be involved in the same scenarios, but they have very different roles. I hope we see a nice mix.

Archived