DAYS: "Geezers, Step Aside!"

• Members

Contrary to how some people think I feel towards the vets, I have to agree with Hogan's statement. While it was nice to see Victor back in control of the bad things going on in Salem, I'm ready for Philip to take over where he left off. We're still going to see Victor. I think he's just passing the torch and will remain as an "advice giver" to Philip.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hate to admit it but as much as I love seeing Victor back in his old form, Sheffer is also true in what he says.

Personally, I am sick and tired of Stefano. So I am happy happy happy that Sheffer does not want to write for him.

John Aniston may be aging gracefully but he is getting older.

And it has been a long long LONG time since Salem has had any new blood in the villian mode. They do need some younger villians in the show.

John Aniston is still with the show, and perhaps he can still be apart of the story in some way, butthis fight we have going on now about Claire isn't Victors to fight, it's Phillips. Maybe he can coach Phillip in evilness, give him pointers and be a sounding board for him.

But DAYS does need to start replenishing their roles for the future. Stefano adn his old fight with John and Marlena, which I still have no idea what is the meaning, cause or reason behind any of it. I think Stefano picks on them just for the sheer fun of it. And Victor's fight with the Brady's has played itself out over the years. He has resolved all the old issues with Bo, Caroline and Shawn Sr. years ago. I remember way back when Phillip was still in high school my sister and I saying Phillip should be more like Victor, this brat pack needs to be well rounded if they are to be the next generation and that means one of them has to be the villian, naturally with a father like Victor and mother like Kate, Phillip is the obvious choice. And at first wasn't he a bit of a snob, and not so nice guy, then they turned him into just another generic nice guy.

Kenny is there anything more in this interview with Sheffer? I mean there has to be more than one question. LOL

• Members

I really hope Hogan plans to continue using John Aniston. He's been use more lately than I can remember ... and I've never seen Victor written in such good form, well ever! He was a coma thanks to JERk. An angry nursing home escapee / cartoon couple meddler thanks to Langan. He improved but was barely used under C&B and Higley. And he was locking silly blonde girls in their rooms when not hanging out in the soap basement thanks to JERk again.

Now Victor's back ... Hogan definitely kept his word and returned his penis. I love every scene he's in now.

• Members

The only reason Victor has worked in this storyline is because he's doing it all for Phillip. At some point, Phillip has to step in and take his place in the story. For the long-term, it would make no sense to have old man Victor meddling with Shawn and Belle. Same with Stefano. It wouldn't make sense, and it would be exhaustive.

The next generation is being developed now.

• Members

Yeah, aside from young females like Jan, Willow, Chelsea, Nicole, etc. there have been no young male villains. Aside from lame asses like Patrick who are either cardboard pieces of nothing or have no DEEP ROOTED familial ties.

• Members

Agreed. I have no problem with seeing Victor be an advisor; the person Phillip confides in and urges him to continue his evil ways.

Besides, at least they're giving Phillip an edge and an actual personality. Kyle Brandt's version (with Reilly's poor writing) was just a 3rd wheel mannequin in the Belle/Shawn story.

• Members

My $0.02 on Vic. He's totally passing the torch to Philip and appropriately so. I think that it's going to be set up so that Victor will be somehow incapacitated, even if only briefly, and that Philip will be forced to take over with an iron fist. I think we can look forward to a 'Who Shot Victor?' situation in the near future. And this is only speculation.

Archived