DAYS: "Geezers, Step Aside!"

• Members

I don't even count Jan, Willow Chelsea or Nicole as villians. Jan and Willow are just irrational fools who need to locked in the loony bin. Chelsea is just an annoying spoiled little brat who if Bo, Hope or Billie had taken seriously wouldn't have a snowballs chance in hell and Nicole while she could be calculating and manipulative her villianess (at least what I saw of it) was kept mainly to Sami and Greta and was nothing but immature juvenile antics and name calling to humiliate her foes.

The trouble with DAYS and their attempts to create female villians is that so many times they just come off as irrational hysterial crazies who are just very very VERY desperate for a man.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Normally I wouldn't agree but I trust Hogan with this passing of the torch, if you will.

Shelle has become viable and rootable under Hogan. EJ has become a great villain under him. Now it's time for Philip to carry the torch of the Kiriakis'. I am ok with this as long as we still see Victor in some role in this and I think we will. This story has been about Philip all along and Victor was just carrying out the acts for him because he couldn't. I am fine with this because you can only keep things up with Stefano, Victor, etc for so long. It allows the canvas to remain fresh and we have seen characters like Victor and Stefano go through everything. Time for the next generation to go through all that. I jsut want Victor to be around. He doesn't have to be on every day but the way he has been featured has been perfect and I think Hogan will keep that up. I mean, Caroline and Maggie have been used quite a bit too just like him so I think we will keep seeing him.

I love that Hogan does most of the talking for Days now. It's better then Corday who only gives us a load of crap usually. The title of the article was a bit harsh but that really wasn't Hogan's fault.

• Members

And, for me, I would love to see, one day, E.J. and Philip go toe-to-toe. Since no one ever had the foresight to match Victor Vs. Stefano, let these two young turks do battle to see who really is the baddest of them all.

IA with the article, if not the title. :)

• Members

And, if memory serves, they only had one scene together in all the years they both have been on the show.

A shame, really. Well, hopefully Hogan and Co. will have the foresight to rectify that. It would be one hell of a story.

• Members

I completely agree. Hogan has done a fine ass job at defining Salem's next generation. He's given life to new characters (Abby, Chelsea, Max, EJ, etc.). He is fixing the crap that was done to other characters (Shawn, Belle, Philip, Mimi, etc.) and he's finally maturing characters that have acted the same way since they were first introduced as teenagers in the 90s (Sami and Lucas).

I say that the next generation is going to be great. I don't mind Shawn and Belle taking over BOPE's place. I don't mind Philip becoming the next Victor, the same thing with EJ as Stefano. Max and Abby are clearly the next Jack and Jennifer. I don't have a problem with these things anymore because we have a writer that knows how to write character development. It's nice to see the future parallels :)

Archived