GL: Reva - what's left for her??

• Members

I maybe defend GL too much but I've got to say I have no clue what the writers are going to do with Reva now and I don't think even they know. She is so full of crap. But I digress. What is left for her to do? She's ...

- had amnesia

- was cloned

- broke up and reunited with Josh 2 million and 6 times :angry:

- cheated death 2 million and 7 times

- had cancer

- was blind

- went back in time

- had more than one illegitmiate child

- was married quite a few times

- was Amish

- was psychic

And the list goes on and on ...

So my question is: what's left for the writers to do with her besides back burner her? I'm all for them keeping Cassie and Josh together instead of doing Jeva redux again. What do you all think?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This a problem that I've felt for quite a few years now. Reva is really a dramatically exhausted character. And as much as I would like to see Annie back (in the form of Cynthia Watros; although Signy's last stint on GL in 2003 was deliciously errie), I don't forsee that happening.

What I would like to see is for the writers to widen theit focus in regards to Reva and Josh. They have been so islanded on the canvas that anything that happens to them only affects a small portion of the canvas. Perhaps focus on their jobs at WSPR and Spaulding Oil, respectively. Maybe even a little corporate intrigue. Perhaps focus on their friendships and business collegues.

I will admit though that the Cassie/Josh story was a good idea in general; however, the execution (and timing) of the story has left quite a bit to be desired (which I feel is Kreizman's weak point: he has some good general story concepts, but couldn't follow through with them if his life depended on it).

• Members

Reva is a used up old dish rag and I am so sick of her. KZ is just as bad. She gripes to the mags any time she doesn't like something. When she was threatening to leave the show .. I was actually hoping she would go.

• Members

You describe Reva perfectly with this statement.

There's some characters where more things could be done with them and then there are characters where too many things happen to them and it gets to the point where you ask yourself, "Why should I care anymore?"

I've mentioned elsewhere that she should have stayed dead when she died from the cancer but if they insist on keeping her around, dear God! Pleeeease backburn her and give the other actresses a chance to shine.

• Members

Where's DruRocks? I know she has something to say about Reva. LOL!

I think they need to put the whole JEVA to rest. At least for a good while. Like Dan said, they need to get both characters more involved with other characters on the show. And when they do that, not just make it all about Reva. Stop making Reva the most selfish character in daytime. Even her so-called "selfless" act of keeping her cancer from Josh was selfish!

Oh, and bring back Annie Dutton/Cynthia Watros!

• Members

I never understood the appeal of Josh & Reva. Reva treats the guy like crap and when he does the same, people are always like, "Ooohh..how dare he???" :rolleyes: "It doesn't matter how much [!@#$%^&*] Reva puts Josh through, he could never hurt her because he loves her." Oh, please! Somehow, Reva always come out looking like the martyr and Josh just gets pulled along into her schemes forcing that so-called connection they have down our throats. I could take or leave this pairing before but now, I absolutely detest these two together.

I also don't think their history is in the least romantic. Reva married Josh's brother AND father and got pregnant with both of them? Is that correct? :blink: They keep hammering those facts at the viewers as something Reva can easily get away with. Now, what Josh is doing with Cassie somehow becomes even more immoral. Whatever.

• Members

I still love my Reva, but she does need to rest for awhile.

I think she needs to move away from Josh for now anyway. Give them a break and let her get involved in growing up, maturing - that is something they really haven't let her do. Let her not be the focus in her life for once.

There is still some great story for Reva they just need to pursue - the same can be said for Erica Kane on AMC.

They really need to bring all her children or at least the majority of her children to Springfield and let her be a matriarch. They want her to be but just mother to Jonathan is not enough to sell it. I want to see her grow and mature.

• Members

Steve, I gotta disagree with you on this one. I would HATE to see Reva as a matriarch for this show. Even her relationship with Jonathan is one of the worst mother/son relationships I've seen on a soap because it has the notion of unconditional love surrounding it but really, it is FULL of conditions and selfish motivations.

• Members

SJ, I don't want to see Reva as the matriarch - just like I don't want to see Erica Kane as the matriarch of AMC. But sadly it is what we are getting on both shows.

So if they are going to do it I want them to at least try to do it right.

Even ATWT is taking away the typical matriarch. For a long time they tried to make the new matriarch crazy loon Barbara Ryan, but they have since backburnered her. So I am not sure who they are wanting to make it there now.

Reva is the only character on GL that is contract that fits that role and they have tried to center the show around her and her brood. If they are going to do it at least do it right. Make her more about her children and others more than always about herself.

Have to say I still love my Reva, and I think if the story is done right she could still hold onto some of Reva's wildness but be more mature and non-selfish.

Archived