GL: Reva - what's left for her??

• Members

I was also hoping they would let Zimmer leave on GL.

With whatever money they were paying her, they could have used that to keep Tom Pelphrey and Stephanie Gatschet from going to Hollywood. I think they are WAY more valuable to GL than Reva.

As far as I'm concerned, Nicole Forester's Cassie is gonna be the new Annie Dutton. I already see it in the way Cassie is becoming obsessed with the amount of time Josh and Reva spend with each other. And there's no way Reva will be the second in command to Josh as long as Zimmer is there.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well yeah, she can just die.

The character has been exhausted. The cancer storyline did not help matters at all. When it first started, I thought it would be interesting, but it turned into a big charade.

It also didn't help when they paired Josh with Cassie, a couple that I find a lot more appealing.

The problem is that no man deserves the punishment of having to be with Reva. Josh is way too good for her, and even if they're "meant to be" together, I find him a lot better with other characters. And Billy is definitely too good for her too...whenever I watch their scenes together, I feel so bad for him!

Seriously, the writers should have killed off Reva when they had the opportunity. I'm sure it would have saved a lot of money getting rid of KZ, who is just overrated, and maybe they can buy a better set for their hospital or hire better writers.

• Members

Here here! I'm glad most of you agree. Reva is the most overexposed character in daytime (just as someone said in another thread). I find Kim very, very overrated and I have zero sympathy for her version of Reva. Every time she opens her damn mouth I want to stick a sock in it :P

• Members

I believe Kim Zimmer is the reason to lbame why the character has beome so intolerable. Actors are protective of thero roles but she hijacks every proposed storyline and vetoes it if she doesn't approve. Her ego needs to be knocked down. She is NOT the best actress on her show, let alone daytime. She simply has a big mouth and inserts foot at every turn. I fault her for bing the reason why so many GL actors were fired last year. Furthermore, she needs to stay in her own lane. Tom Pelphrey may have never been hired of she had her way. :blink:

The breast cancer storyline was laughable. Unfortunately, a very bad one. If she weren't so inclined to her vanity, if the writers could tell an honest story, she would be worth the glory of years past.

• Members

You re right DH.

Kim let the secret out the bag @ the Emmy's by saying she was working on a great storyline on the red carpet. After she won the Emmy, she said she changed her mind about not nomnating heself again. :blink:

Nancy Lee Grahn was robbed.

• Members

Beth Ehlers is so much better in my opinion. She could carry the show but for some reason the writers are in love with Reva or at least trying to keep KZ happy enough not to quit (though many here would be glad if she did, I'll bet)

• Members

I respectfully disagree with you about Beth Ehlers carrying the show.

The current writers at one point overexposed her character to the point that I wish she would leave along with Reva.

In a interview Kreizman stated that he was writing for Reva, Harley, and Cassie which turned a lot of people off.

• Members

Beth Ethlers has more range IMO. She can do comedy, romance, drama and simple scenes without coming across as overbearing. Watros was in the right to leave as was Laura Wright. Granted, she has assumed her own mantle for selfi mportance since escaping Zimmer's shadow, but the proof is in the pudding. The woman is threatened by any other actor that steps up their game in opposition to her theatrics. Not everything needs to be flash, but I digress.

Kim Zimmer suffers from an excess of hubris. She truly believes her own hype and it's s shame because her ego is to GL's detriment. The show should not be held hostage to an actress who doesn't grasp that the genre is ensemble and not a single effort. She has no humility and I wouldn't be surprised if the brass intentionally tanked the breast cancer story just to showcase her wilting talents. Anyone can scream at the screen, but it takes a certain nuance to capture the auidence's emotion. Overwhelmingly, everyone wanted Reva to die because she's a selfish [!@#$%^&*]. It's up to the actress to inteject some dimension and Zimmer is simply resting on her laurels. She doesn't inspire anything but contempt for the character and dislike for her portrayal and feignssurprise when fans voice their faults with both her and the story. Sometimes, it's not a conspiracy or bad writing but a performer who believes all that she spins is gold.

• Members

Beth Ehlers is a good actress but if they put her in the lead and tried to let her carry the show I would quit watching. She is good but not that good. And her character is worse than Reva's I think.

I like Nicole Forester but she is not strong enough to carry the show either.

I think toning down Reva would be a good thing as I said, and letting the 3 carry the show together.

No one actress should ever carry a show but if they do it should never be Harley.

I think CBS probably had as much to do with Kim Zimmer submitting herself as Zimmer did. There haven't been any lead actresses on GL strong enough to compete for Best Actress this year. Beth wasn't strong enough mostly because she wasn't given the material, and Nicole wasn't either. The Lead Actress race this year is a tough one, and I just have a feeling they wanted her to compete.

Archived