GL: Reva - what's left for her??

• Members

History Of Reva Shayne Lewis Lewis Spaulding Lewis Winslow Cooper Lewis Lewis (aka The Brooke Logan Of GL)

Made history by "baptizing" herself as the "Slut Of Springfield" in a public fountain

Cloned (made from her DNA)

Princess of San Cristobel

Suffered from amnesia

Civil War belle

Amish & French woman

Saved illegal aliens from death

Talk show host

Psychic

Gave son up for adoption

Hit by a car driven by Vanessa

Jumped into the river from a bridge

Had pnuemonia

hit over the head by Cain

Poisoned by Sonni

Drove car off bridge

Involved in a car crash

Involved in a plane crash

Died as clone Reva

Had a heart condition

Hit in the head with poker stick by Holly Norris Reade

Stabbed in the chest by Edmund

Time traveled; injured

Injured in a car explosion (in a coma and blind)

Injured as a result of an earthquake

Hit over the head by Carrie

Fell down elevator shaft

Had breast cancer

Vixen (having married a father and two sons of the same family)

Manic-depressive

Presumed dead multiple times

Reva might only be killed off if TPTB were desperate enough for ratings, buzz & awards. Just imagine the fallout surrounding Zimmer's permanent departure. I'm sure a few records will be broken. I don't think she should be killed off, she's too important to GL's history, however, she should be backburned for at least a year & a half.

Zimmer is a good actress, not a great one like the way Faye Dunaway, Ellen Burstyn, Marcia Cross, Teri Hatcher & Perter Bergman are.

I also think that her breast cancer SL was tailored for the Daytime Emmys, but it failed due to Wheeler's poor execution & Kreizman's bad writing. I just can't stand to see Wheeler screaming her head off & clapping her hands til they turn red again at this year's Daytime Emmys. Last year was disgusting enough! :angry:

Why do TPTB think GL is great? Looks like Wheeler & Kreizman are here to stay. :lol: GL isn't horrible, but it's far from its glory days.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I used to put some credibility in that statement but it is the most trite overused expression and has lost all meaning.

When everyone wants to put GL down or Wheeler & Kreitzman (who I agree are not the greatest) they pull out this statement.

Yes GL is not as good as it once was but neither is AMC, ATWT, B&B, Days (even under Hogan), GH, OLTL, Passions, or Y&R.

None of them are living up to their glory days. Not one of them.

GL has the lowest budget of any of them giving them the least to work with. They are the only soap out of the 9 that doesn't air in all markets and is affected most by altered time slots in the markets they are shown. Yet they manage to beat many of the other soaps at times. In the last few months even with Days being in a big upsurge right now GL has beaten them many times in the daily ratings or tied them.

Wheeler and Kreitzman might not be great, but they are achieving something that the other soaps aren't and doing it on a shoestring budget. And the shows they are producing are lots better than the others many days and that includes Days of Our Lives, Young & the Restless or General Hospital - and I single them out because I hear many people calling them the best shows on daytime right now.

And I do not want to see Zimmer killed off. Because with someone like Reva you know that when Wheeler or Kreitzman are fired (if they are before GL goes off the air) the first thing that some producer or headwriter is going to do is find a way to bring her back to life.

The hacks that get jobs on daytime these days seem like that is the only thing they can do anymore. Figure out a popular character from the past and work on reviving that dead character and bringing them back. Even Hogan who is regarded by many to be the best writer in daytime these days couldn't do any better than that. One of the first things he does when he gets to Days is revive Stefano DiMera for the 1000th time. That is the most overdone things in Days current history and even a great writer like Hogan couldn't resist doing it.

The writers of today are all hacks including Hogan and I once regarded him highly. So far I still haven't lost all respect for Lynn Latham. She is reviving Sheila but at least she is taking some risks with the story and giving it a different twist.

So I say all that to say Wheeler and Kreitzman aren't all that bad - not great but not that bad either. And no please don't kill Reva because I couldn't stand another rise from the dead for her.

• Members

I actually disagree because DK/EW gave Beth Ehlers one of the biggest storylines of 2004 when Phillip died. From the moment Harley saw Gus and Alex in the basement of The Beacon and said her would be wedding vows and the infamous line, "I will never marry you!" Was Emmy bait for Beth Ehlers that didn't work. Even though GL's stories are poorly written at times at least they realize that they need to give their leading ladies a story! I mean DAYS fans went time and time again without Dee Hall having a story. OLTL fans are angry that Erika Slezak doesn't have a love interest...at least GL's leading lady, one of them because Ehlers is the other and 2005 was ALL ABOUT HARLEY! So I don't think Kim gets all the leading, Emmy bait storylines. If she did then Ehlers, Gina Tognoni, Crystall Chappell and Mandy Bruno wouldn't have scored Emmy nods in 2005.

• Members

I think Guiding Light does very well at balancing airtime among its contract heroines.

There's plenty of story left for Reva. The way they have her now as protector of Jonathan and Lizzie, sparring with Alan, and protector of Billy, sparring with Sheila, totally works for me. I also think that while she is doing this, a continued romance with Cal would be great.

But, ultimately, Josh and Reva will get back together. I was only 7 years old when I first saw Guiding Light in the summer of 1989, but even I could tell then that Reva and Josh (along with the Spauldings, and Roger and Holly) were the stars of the show. There's nothing wrong with that.

• Members

ITA! Time to put old Bessie out of our misery. KZ is one - if not THE - most overrated actress on daytime. I can't stand the way she rants and raves to the press and still has a job. If other actors on the show did that, they would get their asses canned.

Robert Newman is so much better an actor than she is an actress. I will say that he has also had some shitty storylines but how often do you see him running his mouth off to the press? Rarely. He has class and IMHO Kim does NOT.

• Members

What do you mean by that? People would tune in to watch her exit because there are a lot of Reva fans, but they wouldn't stick around.

I find it scary that one of the few veteran characters left on GL, is the target of such much ire. Do we really want to encourage more firings of vets?

It's not a question of Reva gets airtime vs. Alex or Holly -- it's a question of Reva vs. someone like Ava. Given that, I of course prefer Reva.

• Members

They should at the very least backburner Reva for awhile. She has been on way too much for the past few years. Give others a chance to shine. I much prefer Liz Keifer and she gets 1/12th of Reva's time. Gag me.

• Members

P.S. Are we really supposed to believe that Josh still wants Reva after everything? She treats him like garbage and he takes it. I can't imagine what he could see in her and Jeva Part 2,005 is not something I want to see. This is ruining GL for me - including the overexposure of Ava.

• Members

Oh publicly refusing to take a pay cut is just the tip of the iceburg lol

I still remember reading a feature article in SOD a few years ago where she bemoaned her "lack of storyline" and that she would not put up with it. Also she said she would quit if they didn't give her her due.

• Members

Exactly, if Reva were gone, GL is as good as gone. That's not my opinion, that's the truth. There are a ton of Reva fans, and if she's no longer on the show, it's not like there's anything else on right now to hold their interest.

Archived