GL: Reva - what's left for her??

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Exactly. Firing Zimmer won't open up a wealth of opportunity for Maureen Garrett to return or Maeve Kinkead to be featured full-time, or for a resurgence of the Bauer clan. TPTB aren't interested in that, that has definitely been proven. So why get rid of one of the few remaining main attractions of the show? So we can have a 5-day-a-week frontburner tale of Ava/NuAlan-Michael/Marina or something equally nauseating?

• Members

I like the fact that Kim Zimmer speaks her mind about a lot of the things going on in the daytime community and GL in general. I mean at the least she is a veteran of this craft and after spending her career you would think that she may have a good idea or thought about what would benefit the genre. You know what I mean. When a man gripes or sounds off in a magazine about something negative or such we never think to call him names, however when a woman does it she's called and branded a diva or a bitch! I think I recall the feature interview that she did and as an actor it is not her job to write the story but I think after devoting your ENTIRE career to this show, this workplace, which I think is something that we forget from time to time, this is their workplace...I know if I had been at a job for 20 years or so and was just the Asst. Manager I would be pissed off to and would prolly speak my mind about it. I think this is what Kim has done over the course of her career. Also as an actor Kim and other may what to try and do different things if that opportunity arose so I see the point, where as if you're not going to use me...if you're showing me signs that you're not going to use, aka, giving me fluff and not a real story for a CONTRACT leading lady then I'll find something else. Jerry VerDorn did it. Bobbie Eakes did it. I mean JVD was dropped to recurring, yes and he said he couldn't do that, he had children (again this is their job) so basically he publicly said you know what I'm not going to do! And the end result was we lost a wonderful actor and an amazing character rich witih GL history. When he went to recurring did we get a veteran back or more Holly no! We got Faux Alan-Michael and Ava for example. We as fans gripe and moan all the time because the writers are shoving newbies down our throats, constantly over and over again we say it, I do you do and we all do. Like someone said above if Kim Zimmer was to leave GL do you really think they would bring Holly back to the fill the void...no we would prolly get a recast SORAS Robbie to return to Springfield and hookup with another Recast SORAS Clarissa and that is two characters that yes we know but do we really care for them, because I don't. I would rather see Kim Zimmer and another lady on the show reading the yellow pages to me than that!

• Members

There's still a ton of things they could do with Reva...make her gay, have her kill Sarah by accident (those scenes woul be beyond dramatic), work with Cassie to find out who her (Cassie's) father is, etc...But like I said, if any storyline becomes all about her once again, then more and more people are either going to start detesting her character or just not care about her at all.

Sure, Reva is the start of the show but people were saying the same thing about Jerry VerDorn and the ratings remained fairly stable when he left. In fact, the ratings remained fairly stable after FIVE actors left at around the same time (one of them being the popular Danny & Michelle). And while I didn't start watching the show until the year of the mass exodus, I knew Danny & Michelle were very popular and maybe it's just me, but when I thought of GL, I thought of Edmund more than I did Reva because I kept seeing him a gazillion times in promos.

My thoughts are a mess right now but I guess what I'm trying to say is, maybe Kim Zimmer isn't quite the definition of Guiding Light that so many people are making her out to be. And who's to say that if she was gone, the ratings would take a landslide? I don't believe it would. If they gave Gina Tognoni a decent storyline, kept the Olivia/Ava/Jeffrey storyline backburner, gave Alan-Michael a storyline of his own and so on, I'm sure the ratings would remain fairly stable...just like they did during that 5-6 actor mass exodus in 2005.

• Members

I don't what Jonathan to leave with Sarah! I think the baby needs to stay in Springfield and maybe even turn out to be Coop's baby...but that said if she is Jonathan's baby:

- Continue Reva's friendship with Lizzie and help her raise the baby. Also Reva is without a man propel her towards Alan which will only make Beth even more jealous! I think an Alan/Beth/Reva triangle would be interesting.

- Use the cancer storyline more and develop a bond between Lillian and Reva as surivors. Reva could begin to play matchmaker with Lillian and Billy.

- Show more Lewis/Spaulding business. Can you imagine if Spaulding and Lewis went head to head over a project and Reva worked at Spaulding!

- Like someone said above have Cassie search for her father!

- Susan is coming home and let's hope that Reva plays into that story. Reva and Harley could go head to head because Susan is angry with Harley, but loves Reva!

- Write her autobiography!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Here's some of my ideas:

-Bring back Nola Reardon and have her square off with her.

-Bring Lewis Oil back to the forefront, have Olivia become one of the most hated beyotches ever in Springfield and in the board room at Lewis, including trying to seduce a newly returned Dylan, and then go with a "Who shot Olivia Spencer?" story. KZ would be phenominal.

-Say that Annie Dutton came back, took her sister's face, and took over her life. It would explain the Josh and Cassie hook up.

-Have Reva return to being a photographer.

-Write a story for Josh where he is the one who is presumed dead for some time and have Reva take over Lewis while in his absence.

Yeah Reva's been through alot, alot of it leaves the viewers to suspend their imagination. I would like a real good story for her based in reality, and doesn't ruin the character.

Archived