GL: Reva - what's left for her??

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No, no, dear. I mean she is the show. Just like without Roseanne Barr, there would be no Roseanne. Disagree all you want, but La Zimmer has star power. And with GL being on "its last legs" as everyone says, seeing GL's only bright shining star disappear would equal lights out for the Light. (P.S. I'm not saying Reva has *always* been the show, but in 2007 and for the last few years, she has been)

• Members

Yeah, I am. They offered me a temporary layoff and I said, "Hell yeah!" Why not sit back on my ass for three months and get a paycheck every week for absolutely nothing? I'll take the paid vacation!

It's been nice, too. Been able to enjoy the holidays, all the way from Thanksgiving to Christmas to NYE (though I was sick on NYE... blech). I think they'll be calling me back within the next month. *groans*

On my time off, I've taken back my throne as SON's #1 [!@#$%^&*]!

• Members
Hell no! That will disrupt the party I'm planning once those two albatrosses hit the road. ;)

Regardless of Kim's diva behavior, the breast cancer story was a flop because David Kreizman couldn't write a coherent story to save his life. Any writer who can take a serious issue and turn it into a sideshow attraction deserves to be kicked out on his talentless ass.

• Members

Oh Lordy!! I'm gone for less that 24 hours and the Kim Zimmer/Reva thread lights up like wild fire!! Well I am here to defend Ms. Kim Zimmer.

Let's not deny it people, when we hear the words, "GUIDING LIGHT" the person we think of immediately who is still with the show is Reva Shayne Lewis and Kim Zimmer. She is in a league of her own with Jeanne Copper, Dee Hall, Erika Slezak, Susan Flannery, Susan Lucci and others. Now that said over the last few years she has been over exposed, but so has Harley and Gus. And furthermore I am sorry but Beth Ehlers is good, but she is annoying and I find Harley to be annoying more so than Reva. But I am a fan of both.

Someone above mentioned that Kim gripes to the media and such about leaving the show, well the 2005 accident was as I see it not her fault. She refused to take a paycut because she was contracted, imagine if that was KIMBERLIN BROWN who was asked to take a paycut...you know you guys would have been raising all kinds of grief and defended her. Let's not kids ourselves here. Secondly, yes Reva has been shoved down our throats, but I think that is in part because the writers and Ellen Wheeler only signed Tom to a 2 year contract and they wanted to tell ALOT of story in that time and the only real way to do that was if Kim was there. So let's face it. It is not Kim's fault that she is on the air all the time, it's her job and if they schedule her that is what she has to do. I think Zimmer is a rare breed in the daytime industry that will speak her mind freely, openly and whenever the hell she feels like much like Jeanne Cooper from Y&R. I think it helps to keep the people honest.

Now onto the cancer story that has engulfed us...it is not Kim's fault! Get over it people David Kriezman wrote sh!t let's just say it. But by Gosh Kim Zimmer, Robert Newman, Jordan Clarke, Tom P and others worked the hell out of that story and made it good even if the writing blew!

I just find all this Kim Zimmer hate...OMG!!! This is how the regime sees Reva...and it is Kim's job to do what they ask of her, or even perhaps tell her.

As for stories for the future hopefully baby Sarah stays in Springfield and I would love to see Reva and Lizzie continue their bond, making Beth jealous because Lizzie feels closer to Jonathan through Reva and like I believe it was Dan, let's see Reva enter the business world again at Spaulding, imagine a board meeting with Alan, Alexandra and Reva going up against Josh, Billy and Cassie at Lewis or something interesting like that. A Beth/Alan/Reva triangle where Beth goes all crazy again. Yes there are still stories for the ole slut of Springfield and while I ADORE, ADORE, ADORE and LOVE LOVE LOVE Ms. Reva Shayne Lewis and Kim Zimmer, a break is needed. They gave one to Beth Ehlers a while back and it refreshed Harley and made you what to watch them again. So the same should be done for Reva and the sad thing is at the end of the day in 2007, Harley and Reva....Beth and Kim are the leading ladies of "GUIDING LIGHT."

• Members

I will affirm that Kim Zimmer is a great actress. I think she has done some tremendous stuff on GL but anyone like me that saw her on The Doctors knows how wonderful she is. She didn't play over the top there at all. Nola Aldrich was a out and out villian with a very vulnerable side and Kim nailed it.

I see a lot of things for Reva as I have already said, and I would love to see them write her a little mellower and little more mature as I said.

But as I have said I love my Reva.

• Members

I agree with what Josh and (I believe) Gray Bunny said. Reva is too pivotal to the show right now to just be killed off. Back in 1990 when Reva was killed the first time, there were a good amount of wonderful characters left that the writers could focus on (Holly, Roger, Ed, Maureen, Mindy, Alex, etc.). However, these days, I can count the number of feasible characters on one hand (meaning those who have not been fundamentally ruined or sent to recurring). Of course, that is partly to blame on budget cuts but also because of the ineptness of the current regime to write for the characters without completely changing the foundation of the show.

However, don't think that I condone Kim's diva-ish behavior. I don't blame her for her refusal to take a cut in 2005 because TPTB blindsided the entire cast. In fact, I applaud Kim for sticking up for the entire cast. But there have been other times that I feel she overstepped herself and tooted her own horn a bit too much.

But don't mind me, I'm sick and in a *bitchy* mood. :)

• Members

Kim Zimmer's a fantastic actress, no doubt...but I am just sick to death of her character and am just as sick of the fact that she seems to be the only one who is getting all these bigshot storylines in an attempt to win more Emmys for the show. Like I said before, give other people a chance.

I think Beth Ehlers is also good, but I hated her as a front-burner character. It wasn't until she was backburned that I began to appreciate what she brought to the show. Then again, the writing for Harley for the most part in the last few years has been atrocious.

Sure, you can say Kim Zimmer is Guiding Light but in the last couple of years, you could also say so is Tom Pelphrey. Many people said he rejuvenated the show so what happens when he leaves (his storyline right now is even bigger than Reva's)?

It'll be interesting to see what happens and it also would have been interesting to see what would have happened if KZ had actually left the show.

Archived