ATWT: Mary Beth Evans News

• Members

The actress that plays nuPaige said she will be OFF the show by the years end and that they told her it was not a long term role...

But I can see them making it one, even though all signs have been confirmed that Paige is OUT of the picture once her deep dark secret is revealed.

I love the new Paige! She reminds a bit of Grace Phillips. I think she's a great actress and though very different from Brown's Paige... it doesn't matter since Paige was so much of an undefined character anyways.

As for this news, it is quite dissapointing. MBE only went back to ATWT b/c of the contract. Now they diss her?

DAYS is doing good with balance between old and new faces and bringing her back would be just awesome..

Though OLTL could easily bring her on for another role... Say Tina, perhaps?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree Mary Beth Evans would make a good Tina re-cast. I hope Paige isn't axed from OLTL, I do like Cady Huffman. I think it's a put down IMHO though comparing her to the horribly miscast Grace Phillips as Sarah Buchanan. I was glad when OLTL killed Sarah off for good because of her poor acting, even though I did love Sarah when Jensen Buchanan played her.

• Members

Wow you didn't like Grace as Sarah? I thought Grace was the BEST thing to happen to Sarah (and so did many, she won lots of praises for her role!!), I loved Jensen, but Grace was a much better Sarah IMO. I love Grace and only hope she would return to daytime some day...

• Members

Nope :)... I have a scanned article from SOW and TVGuide praising Grace to the skies... She wasn't seen as a failure at all (hence her being on the show for over a year)....

Grace left OLTL because of conflicts she was having with the EP/HW at the time. And the show killed off Sarah for good because Robert S. Woods requested it. The EP wanted to re-cast the role again but Woods said why re-cast Sarah for yet another time when Nora was in the picture already and asked them not to re-cast her.

Archived