November 6-10, 2006

Toups

• Members

I have to think at some point they HAVE to change. I have a hard time believing that TPTB are happy with the numbers for either show. I know OLTL hasn't always been a ratings winner, but they had a decent 2.6 average. These days they would kill to get that weekly average. Same thing goes for AMC. They seemed to be able to range between 2.7-2.6. Now they are lucky if they can muster a 2.3.

Great job by the folks over at CBS. They seem to know how to gain viewers. They seem to actualy care about their audience.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, Lumi can't be blamed b/c Sami and Lucas have barely appeared the last couple of weeks.

I can't say that I'm surprised that Days' ratings went down last week. I know I like the show, but based on the message boards, people haven't liked all of the changes. Some are barely watching and some have tuned out altogether and refuse to watch until X occurs. X = couple reunited, couple having a love scene, couple having longer scenes, interloper dying etc.

This has been a pretty rough transition (at least ratings wise) for Sheffer. I'm not sure what the answer is, b/c the writing we have now is Sheffer's style.

Apparently, Sheffer's writing style isn't marketable to Days' audience now!! It's unfortunate, but there it is. Hopefully, it will be in the future, but who knows?

:confused: :unsure:

• Members

My opinion is that it's these DAYS couple fanbases (with the exception of Pest Spray and some here on SON that watch for everyone) that are hurting the ratings. I think when JER left, these people would automatically think the new writers would get the couples back together instantly and that hasn't happened with S&K, Bo & Hope, and Shawn & Belle. Only J&M are the real happy couple on the show, unless you count Shawn Sr. & Caroline being together. They're not being realistic. I wasn't expecting Sheffer and his gang to do this, and I certainly wan't expecting DAYS to be all action and cliffhangers.

DAYS viewers have had to put up with a lot of writing changes and each writer was different. I don't think many are used to seeing more character interaction and characters driving along plots rather than vice-versa. It's going to take some time. Many people still don't trust the show. It's still in transition and will be until next year perhaps. But the show is miles better than it was when JER left.

• Members

DAYS was repeated/not shown on Wednesday like everyone said.

But still... DAYS is boring right now by all means. I can't believe Hogan has this twit teenager being the "Savior" for Kayla. I mean all the doctors in the world and a teen comes in and introduces them to someone who may help? This all feels VERY JER to me.

• Members

1. Young & the Restless 4.4 (same)

2. Bold & the Beautiful 3.2 (same)

3. General Hospital 2.6 (same)

4. As the World Turns 2.5 (same)

5. All My Children 2.4 (+.1)

5. Days of Our Lives 2.4 (-.1)

5. Guiding Light 2.4 (+.1)

5. One Life to Live 2.4 (+.1)

9. Passions 1.5 (same)

10. Bush's Approval Rating 1.4 (-30)

:P

• Members

I agree with both of you. Unfortunately, many people have become couple-driven or one-character-driven watchers. That's their right, but they're missing one heck of a show right now. If I would have tuned out because Matt Ashford was fired again, I would have missed the greatness that is EJ and all the other great storylines. Maybe I don't care for everything (Willow, Chelsea), but there is enough awesomeness to get me to watch every day. I think Hogan is a master at what he does, and we're SOOOOO lucky to have him.

I also agree that people who were alienated during JER's reign may come back once they regain trust with the show. Thankfully we have gotten back to a well-thought-out, well-balanced, and well-written show that is worthy of our time.

Now if we could just get Joe and Eileen and Louise back. LOL

And frankly, Days doesn't have to be a ratings winner to be a winner in my book. I applaud the changes that have been made, the acting we've been lucky enough to watch, and the fantastic writing we finally get. If ratings were based on quality of the show, I think Days would be at a 5.0 right now. : )

• Members

Blaming George W Bush for the ratings - LMAO! :lol::lol:

Why not? He's the worst president ever! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

DAYS fans on this board are the best spin doctors ever - you guys always have some sort of creative excuse for a bad ratings week. :lol::lol:

Hasn't anyone considered as a factor the loss of an entire large fanbase? There are a lot of Matt Ashford/Missy Reeves fans out there, and some of them have stopped watching(me included).

And, there are definitely more negative than positive views about Sheffer's writing on other boards.

DAYS will have to be getting something better than 2.4s in 6 months time, otherwise I can't see Corday sticking with Hogan. :rolleyes:

• Members

I totally agree with Bree. I also agree with many others that Days was on on Wednesday for some people and some did get a re-run on Thursday. No way would Days get a 2.1 for a daily. They never get that low. 2.3 yeah but not a 2.1. Mitch is right-they will rebound next week and will probably be around a 2.6

Evan-J&J is not why the ratings are done. Days's ratings were the same without J&J and they only went down this week due to the circumstances mentioned. You don't have to like or watch the show but you don't have to make a happy post saying J&J leaving is killing the show everytime things go bad. You are the one spinning things to make it look like J&J being gone is hurting. I am sure some fans did tune out but they didn't tune out in droves like you make it seem like they did.

Archived