November 6-10, 2006

Toups

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It will be interesting to see when the full list is posted. Even if they still surpassed GL these numbers aren't anything to write home about. They are tied with GL when they usually beat them. That's not good. I don't think either of their jobs will be safe after this sweeps period is over and done with.

• Members

Exactly. Some people saw Days on Wednesday and probably did not tune in for Thursday because it was a rerun for themw. I would think only the eastern time zone was preempted Wednesday because Bush's speech was at 1 here in in NY and was off at 2 for Passions so for other time zones they probably had Days I would think but I am not sure. I knew Wednesday would either help or hurt the numbers depending on the other episodes but then I remembered Monday and Tuesday were good but nothing special but at least Days held their own at 2.4-2.5. That 2.1 is a fluke so it doesn't worry me although I hate it hurt the numbers for the week but it was circumstances beyond their control. You can tell itv was a fluke because their numbers for every other episode were normal for their recent dailies. At least they rebounded.

I would think Days will jump this week. This has been an action packed week that is big on the supercouples so Days should get at least a 2.6 for this week.

As for GL good for them although the Days part of the 4 way tie there is sort of by default but whatever. I am happy for them. I am glad they are maintaining that number.

I hope the soaps see better numbers next week (well, except ABC) because really these numbers suck.

• Members

1. Young & the Restless 4.4 (same)

2. Bold & the Beautiful 3.2 (same)

3. General Hospital 2.6 (same)

4. As the World Turns 2.5 (same)

5. All My Children 2.4 (+.1)

5. Days of Our Lives 2.4 (-.1)

5. Guiding Light 2.4 (+.1)

5. One Life to Live 2.4 (+.1)

9. Passions 1.5 (same)

Daily DAYS Ratings:

Monday 2.5

Tuesday 2.4

Thursday 2.1

Friday 2.5

That 4-way tie for #5 is not a good look.

• Members

That's exactly what I think happened. I know the Wednesday show did air for me and the same episode aired again on Thursday. No telling how many tens or hundreds of thousands of people saw the episode on Wednesday and had no need to watch it again. That just sucks.

• Members

I agree with this. I also wonder if the 2.1 rating on Thursday was because some of the country got filler programming that day. I know of a few people who saw Wednesday's episode before it got pre-empted for the rest of the country, and then got to see "Fun with Ginzu Knives" or the like on Thursday.

• Members

There SHOULD have been action taken far earlier. 4 soaps tied for 5th at 2.4 is NOT good news for the industry. That even flagship GH can't generate more than a 2.6 average for legend Genie Francis' short return is also telling, and a sign that ABC's strategy is failing.

That Y and R can gain viewers during this time is amazing.

• Members

Part of the problem is that a big chunk of the U.S. did get an episode on Wednesday (we got it where I live) and then got the same episode again on Thursday. It makes sense that viewership would go way down on Thursday when it was a repeat for so many people.

Bush screwed it up. (I'll bite my tongue from saying more ;) )

• Members

I agree, the rating is really hard to accept because of what happened on Thursday!

Where I am Thursday was a repeat of Wednesday's episode...this is why I NEVER watch the American network feeds for DAYS because they are always pre-empted or whatever...In Canada soaps are NEVER interrupted and are only pre-empted on American holidays or on other scheduled pre-emptions!

DAYS will bounce back next week I am sure.

• Members

I hate that Days had the 2.1 rating on Thursday, but I will throw out that the same thing that happened to Days happened to AMC. Part of the country got AMC's Wednesday show on Thursday too. The ratings did not go down for them - in fact their overall ratings went up. So not sure what happened there for Days. I did not see any of B&B on Wednesday as it was pre-empted here, but it was not in most of the country. B&B did go down on Wednesday but overall they stayed the same though.

I don't know what affect pre-emption had on the ratings and I guess we will never know. I hate that pre-emption happened because it always messes things up in the long-run when they air an episode later than anticipated.

Archived