2006 Election Thread

Toups

• Members

See I saw both of their ads as repulsive and the way that both of them ran the race was repulsive. I did not like either one of them to tell you the truth. It was a year where there was no good choice - it was the worse of 2 evils to choose from - just like the last presidential election where we only has Bush and Kerry to choose from - 2 very incompetent men.

The same way with our Govenor here in Tennessee - we did not have one viable candidate that I saw on the ballot. Bredesen is the worse thing that has ever happened to this state - just as bad as Sundquist was for us. The republican candidate for Govenor hardly even campaigned at all, but what I did see of them this year was terrible.

I am like Kwing in the sense that I look at the man. And last night in over half the elections I looked at I didn't even see one viable man in the race much less 2, and that is sad.

It is sad that our country has become so partisan, and there is such hatred for one party or another that incompetant candidates can even get the opportunity to run - just because they are on one side or the other. As I said earlier I cannot even identify with either party anymore, and it makes me very sick at my stomach to even call myself a democrat or a republican. Both parties are full of [!@#$%^&*], and not one of them stands on their convictions anymore. All that politics are anymore, and it gets more evident with each race - is hatred. And the news (which I don't even watch anymore) does nothing to help it. I hate everyone of the all news channels, and have all of them blocked out on my TV. All they do is keep the hatred going.

I continue to vote each time, and keep hoping for a change, but I fear it is only going to get worse. The last time I was proud of any of our politicians in Washington was when on Sept. 11th, they joined together and sang.

My apologies to all the dems in here, or to any republicans that might be in here, but I hate both of your parties, and find both of them repulsive and full of [!@#$%^&*]. The way that each party has dealt with at least the last 4 Presidential elections and those that come in between has literally split our country right down the middle, and made it impossible for us to come together at all. These are our leaders that are supposed to inspire pride in our government, but all they inspire is hatred for whatever person in office that doesn't belong to their party. As I have said before my grandfather taught me that even though you hate the person who is in office, you respect the office, and you stand behind them as long as they are in office. That is no longer the case in our country anymore. As I said we are split right down the middle now, and there is so much hatred in our country. I fear it is only a matter of time before some of our enemies take advantage of that, and tear us completely apart. And when that happens it is not going to be the Republicans fault, it won't be the Democrats fault - it will be both - but you better believe all that will ever be said is it was the other parties fault and not mine.

Sorry for the rant, but I have been watching too much of the election coverage and reading too many boards today. I am just angry over all the hatred and partisanism in our country today.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Steve, I actually agree with you about Corker/Ford and Kerry/Bush. As bad as Bush has done I can not honestly say Kerry would have done better. It was definitely the case of the lesser of 2 evils and I feel that way about Ford/Corker. But, we disagree with the lesser of 2 evils as I voted for Ford.

I wish the Dems and Repubs would try and come together, but I just don't see that happening anytime soon.

• Members

Oh I don't see them coming together anytime soon either. That is just one of the few reasons I have disassocited myself with both parties. It used to be that the parties were divided by the issues they stood for - the basic being economics. As strong of an issue as that is and was, the issues they now fight over are more divisive than even economics or money.

• Members

I've got to chime in here about a local race that I'm extremely happy with. While I live in Frankfort, KY, I spend quite a bit of time in nearby Lexington, KY, and I'm *extremely* pleased with the voters of that city in regards to the city council race because of the man they've voted to be the city's new vice-mayor -- Jim Gray. Gray didn't run one single negative add and was out on Saturday night campaigning in the bars -- the *gay* bars (granted, there are only two currently in Lex, but still...). And Gray is openly gay. Perhaps the Bluegrass State isn't quite as backward as people think.

Archived