2006 Election Thread

Toups

• Members

This guy on CNN is really making it pretty convincing that this recount is kinda dumb.

2000 recount (difference of 530 some votes) - FLORIDA (presidency)

2005 recount (difference of 300 some votes) - VIRGINIA (attorney general)

In both of these recounds, the difference in votes were UNDER 1,000 votes and ended up favouring the winning party GOING INTO the recount.

This year, the difference is over 11,000 votes....TO ME it is ABSOLUTELY impossible that the republican is going make up over 11,000 votes to be declared the winner...NOT IN THIS LIFETIME!

Democrats win Virginia and barring a late upset in Montana, they will win the majority of the Senate!

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Its Montana, there really isn't any major cities :)

It traditionally is a red state, so the fact that the Democrats are winning here is monumental, especially considering the Republican candidate has been sent to the Senate for the last 15 years I think.

ANOTHER UPDATE:

Democrats @ 50% - 147,524

Republicans @ 47% - 140,097

Liberals @ 2% - 7,338

73% precincts IN!

What they are saying is that most of the western precincts in Montana are in and it is the eastern precincts that are coming in now and are still to come in. Traditionally these have been more republican...where as the western precincts have usually gone republican but with more democrat support. (hope that makes sense).

Its AMAZING to me that this race is coming down to MONTANA of all states. I mean they will have under 400,000 votes when all is said and done....just CRAZY!

• Members

Here is a breakdown of MONTANA (their major cities populations): I am amazed this state is going BLUE at this moment...their demographics just SCREAM republican to me!

Billings = 90,000

Helena = 67,000

Great Falls = 57,000

Missoula = 57,000

Butte = 34,000

Bozeman = 28,000

Those are the biggest cities in Montana, so we are looking a state that doesn't even have 1 million people!

• Members

I'm sorry, but this just cracked me up....

Chris Matthews is reviewing the races which have already been caused, and it got to Missouri....

he talked about McCaskill and how both she and Talent ran good campaigns.

He mentioned that Talent really didn't do anything wrong in his campaign except be a Republican. :lol:

• Members

You knwo what is a slight shame? is that there are good, decent Republicans who lost their seats just because they were members of that party. Bush, Rove and that admin. have alot of explaing to do in the next days ahead, to explain how this whole thing happened.

I heard that crap. He's such a tool. Did you see how Joe Scarborough got pissed at him earlier this evening for agreeing with Howard Dean that Joe was not fair and down the middle?

Archived