2006 Election Thread

Toups

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It doesnt look like Ford Jr. the Demo for Tennessee is going to beat Corker the Repub, one of the states the Dems were hoping to gain for the Senate! :angry: Right now with 76% precincts counted Corker is winning 52% to 47%, so its not over but it isnt looking good for Ford Jr. :(

However the local news just said the turn out was so big ppl are still standing in line! That is a great sign for Ford. So I guess its gonna come down to the wire. The polls were suppose to close over 3 hours ago though, damn a lot of ppl must have went at the last moment. My dad left the house 10 mintes before the polls closed, he waited in line for over an hour and he votes at a VERY small library. Hopefully all the ppl who voted late voted mainly Democrat.

• Members

Hold up there are some votes missing in Memphis, a little over 11 precincts are not reporting. West Tennessee(Memphis) is almost ALL Democrat. What is going on? Nashville is middle TN and it goes both ways, while East TN is almost all Republican. Ford needs all the votes he can get, this is getting frustrating and is big news right now on the local news.

Breaking News: 2600 votes cant and wont be counted until tomorrow from Knox County which is in East TN. They are flying someone in from Colorado because there is a reading error, WTF?This now makes some missing votes in Memphis and East TN(which would most likely favor Corker)

• Members

The only good thing about close elections are that they're really fun to watch. When it's a landslide...even a good one, they're not exciting to watch. The 2000, 2004, and 2006 elections have been really interesting to watch...even though I didn't not like the result in the first two. :angry:

Also, SO glad that South Dakota's amendment didn't pass. :)

Just realized that I live in the bluest county in the country!! :D

Archived