2006 Election Thread

Toups

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kirk, as I have said numerous times I am no longer a republican or a democrat. It makes me sick to even side myself with either party. The Democrats use to be for the common man, but that party died a long time ago. There are only a handful of elected officials of either party who care about the common man anymore. They are all out for number one, and it will stay that way until our elected officials cannot be influenced by lobbyists who give them big bonuses to vote their way, and until our elected officials no longer have the authority and the ability to give themselves pay raises.

I fully believe in that e-mail that has circulated for several years now about putting all of our elected officials on Social Security like each one of us are when we retire, and you will see big changes in the way they all vote and act. Our elected officials are better off than any of us, and I know they are our elected officials but they should not be better off than over 90% of the people they represent. And right now they are and all they have to do is serve a few terms and they are set for life.

• Members

Montana is tightening up.

Democrats only leading now by 3% with 71% of precincts in!

Looks like Montana will not be called until around the 90% mark!

God I hope Tester can hold on here!

Webb is now over 11,000 votes ahead in Virginia...a recount sounds a bit ridiculous is you ask me..this is basically a pickup for the Democrats....the recount will end up being in favor of the Democrats!

• Members

This is nerve-racking. Thank God I don't go to work till 2pm tomorrow.

The most wonderful thing, is that Karl Rove is no longer the genuis that the media made him out to be. How he will explain losing almost 50 seats in the House, and looking to loose the Senate as well, is beyond me. I know the conserves are up right now trying to come up with some explanation of what happened.

McCaskill just thanked Limbaugh for acting like an idiot on that tape. If it wasn't for him showing that big fat ass of his once again, she may have lost.

Archived