2006 Election Thread

Toups

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I saw that....Joe makes it clear where he stands...even making a mention earlier about being a friend of Mark Foley. I am glad to see Pat Buchanan being more fair minded though. And Chris Matthews is ok....there's a lot worse then him out there....*cough* *cough* Bill O'Rielly *cough *cough*.

That's why I flip back and forth between CNN and MSNBC.

• Members

Now I watched all cable news shows last night and I thought Fox did great for being the so called conservative channel. They were very fair, very honest and very congratulatory to both sides when they won.

THey did not hold back in saying what swayed the votes one way or another. But I should not be surprised that LIBS found hatred in an otherwise perfect newscast.

I for one and kind of glad the Dems will lead one house and maybe both. You need balance. But I really want to see what they can do. The only thing they ran on was hate of the President which will bite them in the ass unless they have an agenda (and it was CNN that said they had NO agenda last night).

The other good news is just like they were saying, the Repubs had VERY strong candidates (moderates) in a bad year. They were targeted because of the "R" by their name and not what they stood for, that is distrubrig as I vote on the person, not their affiliation.

Another good thing is the races were so close in many parts that we are still divided. NOt sure if that is good really...but who knows.

Overall, congrats to the Dems, they worked for it and they got it. Of course it was nothing like the sweep of 1994 when they lost 54 seats...and losing the house after 40 years....that was the ultimate slap in the face. They still have not learned their lesson from that, but lets hope this is a wake up call for the GOP.

And now that Bush will not be the only person to blame after today.....should make 2008 interesting.

Rememeber Iraq was the only reason why Dems won....so the right can still go right and the left can still go left.

But with so many moderates being elected on both sides..lets hope that does not happen!

• Members

I don't hate. I am true and honest.

I voted for dems and repubs. how many of you can say that?

Or do you vote the straight ballot BS?

I am glad the Dems won. The Repubs did not take advantage of the gift they were given in ruling all three areas. Lets see if the Dems can keep the economy up like it is, unemployment down like it is, and stocks up. All the while figuring out how to get Iraq stablized and get the troops home. If they can do it, Lets see it.

So far, its been TROOPS HOME...but no plan. that is honest!

Sorry that you take it as hate? I voted for Bush, glad I did and would not change it. Does that mean I agree 100% with him? Of course not. I am for stem cell research. I do not believe he is. I was for the war in Iraq, but it was handled bad.

Archived