2006 Election Thread

Toups

• Members

George Bush couldn't come up with a plan to remove himself off his own toilet, much less get our boys home, and all I've heard from you is that the Dems have no plan for nothing.

You voted for them, but have dogged them out. The highest level of hypocricy.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is certainly an exciting event, regardless of your party. This, my friends, is democracy in action. The people have spoken.

But to all you Maryland folk who decided to vote for that [!@#$%^&*] O'Malley for governor, I hope you all get to eat crow as O'Malley plunges the state into oblivion just as he did the city, lol. That was the ONLY race I really cared about, so I'm bitter as hell. :(

But oh well. Congratulations to all the winners (except O'Malley of course).

• Members

My golly what is wrong with the reply function on this board. Oh well. And that quote got rid of my expletive. How sad.

Yes he's that bad.

1) But 2 years ago, the city school system nearly went bankrupt, having to be loaned a great deal of money. The state even had to take over a few of the schools. Of course it doesn't help when one of O'Malley's cronies steals $3.3 million from the schools. Baltimore city gets the most funding for public schools in the state. Yet where my brothers went to school, they ran out of paper half-way through the school year. And we were in one of the best schools in the city. Carroll County, which gets the lowest amount of funding, has the best schools in the state reportedly.

2) Crime is up and Baltimore, for a great deal of O'Malley's tenure, was #2 on the most dangerous cities list. Throughout his tenure he has gone through many police commissioners, including Ed Norris, who was convicted for mishandling funds for trips to Europe with other women.

I'm sure I can think of more later. Of course, some of these problems are Erlich's fault. And Erlich certainly has his bad points. He mishandled the BGE rate hike situation and could still do more for the bay. But he has kept the budget balanced and with a surplus.

By the way, if Chris Matthews mispronounces Missouri again, I'm gonna smack him, and I'm not even *from* the place.

• Members

Dan, that's a damn shame. You just don't know how the electorate will vote, and for whatever reason. I feel for ya, bud. But your firs post just had me rolling this morning. I just had to let you know. Brutal honesty is sometimes the funniest.

I am, and IA. How you can put an A on the end of MissourI is beyond me. But, Matthews is such a damn tool anyway. To see how Joe Scarborough lambasted him was a thing of beauty.

• Members

Steve, that is fine if you can't stand Ford. Corker irks me to no end, and I am pissed he won and not because he is Republican. His ads and debates really put me off, Ford dominated him in debates. Yes, I dont fully trust Ford either because his family is well known for fraudulant happenings, but I like what he said way more than Corker.

Ford got a lot of high praise for this campaign and will have to be reckoned with in the future.

• Members

I am so glad Corker won and Ford lost!

Ford is indeed a member of a corrupt political family and we don't need that! Uncle John and Aunt Ophelia is an embarrasment for Tennessee. Ford ran as a conservative Democrat while his votes in the congress resemble a Kennedy democrat. He either lied on the campaign trail or he lied in Washington.

I have family from Chattanooga.Democrats who have nothing but praise for their former mayor.

Archived