2006 Election Thread

Toups

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, the major cities in Missouri hasn't been counted yet, and cities tend to vote democrat.

I think the Dems will snag VA and MO...maybe Missouri since the cities haven't been counted, and those will probably give a boost ...hopefully to the majority.

Don't think about Tennessee though. :(

• Members

I am very disappointed that it looks like Ford is going to lose. Corker the Republican is worth over 200 million dollars, so why would he care for the common, everyday person in this country? He won't and will be all about gaining even more money fro himself!

• Members

My fingers are crossed for you.

As an American with dual citizenship (Canadian) I was entitled to vote in Clinton County, Vermont. I had filled out the forms and did the advance poll but I'm not sure it made it in time.. not that my vote would have changed anything.

• Members

CNN calls Tennessee for the Republicans with Corker defeating Ford. Jr!

This means that the Democrats HAVE to win all 3 of the remaining seats still up in the air!

**UPDATE:**

WOO HOO Democrats have pulled ahead in Missouri with 74% of precincts reporting.

Democrats now leading ALL 3 remaining races in which they NEED to win all 3 to win majority in Senate!

• Members

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a side note here, Democrats have once again won the Governor's race in the US Virgin Islands. Also, the VI elects a non-voting Delegate to the US House (who has no vote, except in committees), and the Democrat there has been re-elected in this race as well.

Still haven't heard about American Samoa or Guam yet. Northern Mariana Islands doesn't elect a Delegate to the House like the others do. And in Puerto Rico, the seat is not up until 2008. All other US territories are too small and have no population on them.

Just thought I would pass this info. along...even though they can't vote in the House, it's great to see that even the US territories are going Democratic.

Go Democrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members

While I am very glad of course for my victory tonight...lol....and the victory of John Yarmuth over Anne Northup in the northern part of Kentucky,

I was very disappointed that, in the Republican-dominated county in which I live, went nearly 100% red. The only Democratic incumbent here one, but all other county races went Republican.

That just makes me sick to my stomach.

• Members

There is a God! :)

And on another side note, the Democrats have won big in Washington, D.C. again; including the re-election of the Democratic incumbent for the non-voting Delegate to the US House.

Chris Matthew's on MSNBC is talking to John Murtha. What a great guy Murtha is. :)

Archived