October 23-27, 2006

Toups

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I shouldn't have used the word stunt. As someone who has turned into ATWT only moderately, the storm and the stalker story were stories I noticed as promotable and intriguing -- out of the ordinary. I am very glad to see ATWT is still doing well in the ratings even without undue promotion or the culmination of a story arc, as compared to ABC, which has pinned its sweeps on the return of a 'fat, middle-aged woman no one wants to see in a love story,' (although what OTHER story are people really tuning into GH for right now?)

• Members

Interesting....

AMC was pretty boring last week - so I understand that. I'm interested to see how the ratings are for November sweeps...

GH - Laura's return didn't get a 3.0 - but I'm not surprised....they've been in the 2.5's for a LONG time now...ABC stunts don't get any of their shows over a 3.0 anymore - last year when AMC was at a 2.5 and then Explosion occured, they only got a 2.9 for the week...since GH is averaging 2.5's now, no return, stunt, or anything will get them over a 3.0 anymore IMO - until ABC soaps stop this BS they are feeding us - and Frons quits changing things and making it bubblegum. (Hope that makes sense...lol).

I'm impressed that ATWT is consistently getting #3 with above 2.6 ratings....I mean it's a good show, even though it can be boring sometimes - so I'm impressed and happy they are consistent.

• Members

I was hoping Y&R would reach 4.5 but maybe next week! And I thought GH would have higher ratings than that. They did well but I thought that they would get closer to 3.0 with Laura's return. It will be interesting to see what they do for this week.

And AMC...poor, poor, floundering AMC. The show is getting the ratings it deserves. But congrats to GL for doing so well!! I didn't think I would ever see the day where GL would be doing the same or almost better than AMC. FIRE FRONS!!! FIRE MCTAVISH!!! Do it now ABC before it is too late!!!

• Members

I was thinking the same thing but didn't say anything. I have not found the show boring in quite awhile, but last week was a lot better week for me.

The memorial wasn't boring but it wasn't what it should have been - but far from boring. And the Halloween Ball hasn't been ATWT's best party, but it is not the worst either. I am enjoying the costumes, and all.

• Members

Frons will keep his job and so will everyone else.

AMC's ratings will go up because they're so damn low and, compared to the past 6 months stuff actually happens next week.

In December though Colby, Sean and Sydney will be front and centre again because Frons likes AMC to go after the college students/teens who are at home over Christmas. Remember December 2002 with JR,Laurie,Jamie and Joni?

• Members

The Carey hobags are taking over the show as was shown by the episode counts for October, even Kendall wasn't on that much compared to Babe and Josh.

The show is too Babe/Josh/Dixie centered. 3 of the most hated characters on the show right now, yep I'm not surprised that the ratings for AMC are in the toilet.

• Members

I am not sure what the ratings will do for AMC. Even though they have a few things happening for sweeps, a lot of the audience is pretty fed up with the show right now. Sweeps sound boring to me and they aren't enough to get me watching again. They have alienated so much of the audience I don't know that what they are going to show will help them any. I guess we will find out when the ratings come out next week.

• Members

I thought Hal's tribute was great it was a good show, my problem is with Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of last week, that is what was boring. Friday was also good with the Ball starting, and this week with the ball so far has been fantastic, I have enjoyed everyday this week so far.

Archived