October 23-27, 2006

Toups

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, but I did read the spoilers and I stand by what I said. You and I may have a different idea on what might be must see TV. There's nothing wrong with family interaction, but after awhile its boring.

Sheffer hasn't found his niche as yet with the show. Hopefully, in another month we'll get better storylines and the ratings will come up.

Thank you. My thoughts as well.

• Members

I'll agree that DAYS is boring now. It's like when a soap is good, but in transition. I completely believe thats what Hogan is in. His actual writing on ATWT (which is better fit for AMC or DAYS) was VERY fast paced, he had campy stories thrown in, high drama, etc. What we're seeing now is him laying the groundwork which needs to be done, but it's getting boring.

• Members

It's amazing to me that for the first time in my soap viewing life,

I'm hoping one of my show tanks.

I quit AMC months ago...and it looks like more and more are turning the show off.

Thank goodness!

Writing to the show isn't working, calling the network isn't working. Maybe having no one watching will work.

The show needs to change for the better.

How stupid are the people running the show? Do they all have their heads up each other's asses and just can't see the damage to the show? It makes no sense that Frons or some other dip sh*t would want to bury this show until the cancelation axe falls.

WAKE THE F-UP YOU IDIOTS!

SAVE THIS SHOW!

GOSH!

Remember when everyone hated all the new people...Carlos, his brother who couldn't speak English,

Henry and his family, Boyd the tool, icky JR and that bore of a girl-friend...Laurie...We had all those problems fixed kind of quick. But it's been WAY to long with all the problems going unchanged this time.

I just don't get it.

I'm also fed up with everyone saying to just be patient with DAYS...all the good stuff will be happening soon...It takes time...blah blah frickin blah!

Just call me Varuca Salt. I want it now! Not two months from now.

Instant gratification is what I want.

Give it to me now! :lol:

The show is so boring lately.

Plan and simple. It's not bad or horrible...but it is yawn inducing B-O-R-I-N-G. You can try to tell me to wait or list the reasons why it is so good right now and I'll just smile politely and then laugh behind your backs. Cause it's not true. The show needs to speed it up. I'm falling asleep here. *yawns*

• Members

I think the reason GH didn't reach the 3's like some people though would happen with Genie returning is because the fans know that there would be way more Sonny, Jason and Sam that Laura, Luke and their kids and that's what most people want to see. I know a lot of people wold rather record it so thy can fast foward thew "Jason and Sam" hour.

Now I'm really shocked at Y&R's numbers for Tuesday. I would have thought Nick and Phyllis' wedding would rate higher than 4.0 concidering what the rest of the week rated.

• Members

Well, to all those finding Days boring right now, clearly everyone wants different things and is looking for different things. Not everyone can be pleased, especially in regards to Days where it is hardly ever pleasing to everyone. That is fine but the overall impression based on responses is that more people are enjoying the show then there are being disappointed so that is a good thing. My problem is that it is unfair to jump all over Days and Hogan when his stuff has been on air for only 3 full weeks. Give the guy a break and watch things develop. This has nothing to do with Beth or transition. Every new HW regardless of how much time they had to research the show or regardless of having an interim writers needs time to put his/her stamp on the show.

I want big events too and more action but I also love what I am getting. This is the Days I remember but obviously more recent and modern fans want the action-packed, eveny story telling. It will come but you need investment and story building first and we are getting that now. Once all that is out of the way, then you will get what you want because it makes it worth it. I am glad Days is not giving us all that right away-if I want that right nowI will tune into GH and ABC to see their sweeps stunts and action packed, no substance storytelling. I want good writing and good day to day episodes and Days, like Y&R and ATWT most days, is giving me that even on boring days. Like I said, everyone is different so to each their own.

Well, even those saying it is boring in this thread thought the November spoilers were good. You are the only person I have yet to hear find nothing special about that. I don't know what you are looking for but you must have really high expectations because November sounded incredibly good but to each their own, like I said. In regards to Hogan, he found his niche it's just that you have not found whatever it is you are looking for and I hope you do eventually. :)

• Members

I just wish the AMC execs would get a clue.

The stories stink and are centered on the wrong people.

And half the time the darn camera work makes me want to throw up. It makes me wonder how many other fans got sick of feeling nauseous while watching and just gave up.

• Members

I disagree. While it has gotten a little bit better...it is still shaky and it is still nauseating to watch.

I still am scratching my head over HOW this camera thing was allowed to happen!

AMC should just go back to the way they used to do it...there was NOTHING wrong with it!!

Why mess with something that ain't broken...MAKES NO SENSE and usually makes things worse.

• Members

I don't care if 500 people find Days completely exciting and refreshing and fun and what not.

I don't give a F---!

I find the show boring right now, so save all Hogan a-- kissing for someone who gives a f---,

cause that person isn't me. The show is boring right now.

A spade is a spade...regardless of how you might spin it.

Everyone IS different and feels different and this is how I feel.

You can talk til you are blue in the face about how wonderful the show is. I'm not buying it.

So don't bother selling over my way. I know boring when I see it.

ABCD is horrible and Days is boring right now and the grass is green and the sky is blue.

And the world keeps spinning.

And yes I'm kind of grouchy today...must be cause I just don't give a f---.

:lol:

• Members

Ok Greg. I get it :lol: .

I like the bluntness but I wasn't even calling anyone out so I hope you or anyone else doesn't think that. I was saying everyone is different and feels different so it should not be taken as a fact that the show is boring when some people feel it's not. I say Y&R is boring but some don't. It's everyone's preference so I wasn't telling you or anyone else how to feel or what to do. I think everyone wil get what they want so it's all a moot point the way I see it.

• Members

And I guess that we will stand on both sides of the fense. Those of us who really like Days right now, and those who don't

I and many others will accept the show as it is right now, warts and all. I know, as many others do, that the show is not near what it should be, and still has problems, which we discuss on a daily basis. But, I would rather watch a show that has some intrigue, some character-driven excitement, and some slow moving, but increasingly well-defined characters than a woman getting possesed by the damn devil, half the cast killed off only to be reborn on some damn island, every single couple broken up and stuck in endless triagles, plots that will take 6 years to bring to a conclusion, characters acting unlike themselves, and most of all, the ratings sinking near the bottom just because it's more exciting to have hackneed shock/stuntwriting than it is having good story telling.

So, I guess we can just agree to disagree. I'll see the rest of you all on Monday, after we have watch Days. :)

Archived