October 23-27, 2006

Toups

• Members

GOD! GL is SO CLOSE!!!!!!!!

I wish just every soap fan who hates ABC right now would just tune into GL for one f-ing week! If GH has a bad week, and GL has a good one, it could even surpass GH in totals. Sadly, if ATWT or DAYS also dropped a lot in the totals and GL went up, then it could surpass them too! Hahaha. GL is so not out of the game the way everyone thinks they are.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It will come. This is a good boring IMO. Then again, I tend to enjoy the little things like the families together and so on. There has been lots of story movement but no big events. There will be. November looks good and, if I am Hogan, I pull a huge event out for the holidays because people are home. Perfect timing to get old and new viewers hooked. The man has only been on the job for a little bit and his stuff only for a month. I just don't want Days to go ABC or JER on us and pull out stunts just to get huge gains that go away a week later. I want them to build up and slowly increase and then blow people away with something. I want them to go the CBS route because that is the better way to go IMO. I don't want it to turn into Y&R, which I find more boring then exciting these days except for last week, but solid writing everyday and story movement is good enough.

The way I see it is if Days can just hold on between 2.5-2.7 while GH and other shows make their push they will be fine. There is no guarantee some of the stunts other soaps are doing will even work (see GH) so if Days holds up in that level they may hold a good place in sweeps. I want Hogan to pull a big event in December or January when people are home and maybe will like what they see and stick around after the event. That would put Days in a much better position for February Sweeps so that is what I would do. We'll see. I know what you mean. I am loving it too and know the show needs something HUGE to get the masses talking but I know it will come. In the meantime, I will just enjoy everything B)

King you are so right about GL. They have a chance to really make a run. I don't want them over Days but if it happened good for them. Maybe that will dispel some of the cancellation rumors. ABC fans need to show Frons there dissatisfaction by tuning into Days, GL, and all the other shows. Frons needs to understand he is destroying his shows and that stunts for sweeps and emmys are not what will help his shows in the long run.

Days is up in most categories vs last year and are where they were in HH last year so not too bad compared to others. GL did pass AMC in total viewers so good for them and Passions may pass them in 18-49 soon. I am actualy surprised by how close to everyone Passions is in that demo.

• Members

Phoenix, Hal's memorial doesn't seem to be what brought the fans in. Both Monday and Tuesday were 2.6 only. People probably thought Tuesday was going to be more of the Memorial but they tuned in and found out it was over.

It was the build up to the Halloween Gala that seemed to be what kept people. W,Th, and Fri all got 2.7's. Viewers were highest on Thursday but they didn't go down a whole lot of Friday.

• Members

Exactly, Monday was Hal's service and Tuesday Adam returned. On Wed Oakdale was getting ready for the Ball. On Thursday Oakdale was dressed in their Halloween costumes and Friday began the ball. I am happy for ATWT jump in rating. Glad they are at #3.

And Laura's return on GH garnered a 2.9. She didnt appear until Thursday and Friday. I am thinking people thought she would be on Wed thus the 2.8.

I found myself watching GH on Thursday and Friday as well as GL with Reva's cancer storyline. Next week should be very interesting.

As for AMC, they need help. There storylines are not very good. I hate the teens. Babe/JR/Whats his name triangle stink. And I can't stand Dixie anymore.

• Members

Man GL was thisclose to being #6 in total viewers, when is the last time that actually happened. Although GL isnt really gaining many viewers its nice to see it holding steady the last 2-3 years at 2.1-2.3. I just hope the lame Marvel crap doesn't hurt GL come next week. AMC/OLTL are in some deep trouble and it looks like there is no help in sight, YIKES!

I am tired of waiting for stuff to happened on DAYS and I dont need anyone to tell me either that I should be patient. Hogan has been on long enough, something needs to happen. I have been bored to tears the last few weeks. Yeah the writing has improved immensely, but its just not that entertaining of a show right now. I have reason to be optimistic though because the spoilers sound awesome for the rest of November. I will just have to wait and see if that translates on screen.

• Members

B&B has been much better recently, so I'm not surprised they are now on 3.4. :D

Where are all those people who a few weeks ago were predicting DAYS would take the #2 slot off B&B?

DAYS first has to get past GH and ATWT.

I think Y&R and B&B have a permanent lock on the top two positions.

The best DAYS can hope for is #3, IMHO, and if Sheffer's SLs are still getting 2.5s in 6 months time, I wonder how much longer Corday will persist with him?

And yes, I get a certain satisfaction in watching a show, which fired Matt Ashford, go down in the ratings - just what Corday deserves! :rolleyes::rolleyes::lol:

• Members

:rolleyes:<_< Don't even.

DAYS is doing MUCH better in quality of writing and acting than many other shows right now. The ratings just won't budge. If Stefano comes back, there will be a huge ratings gain. How do you feel about that, Frons? B)

All in all, pretty good week for soaps ratings wise.

• Members

DF, As bad as I hate the thought of Stefano coming back, I do see it as a ratings gain for the show. I have never not agreed with that point. As to how much it would affect the ratings I won't even venture to guess. That will have to be seen as to when or if his return happens.

But from what I am reading, I do see his return as a stunt as designed by Corday & Hogan. I mean they only want him back for a short or limited time, and that seems to be the big bone of contention about him agreeing to come back.

As it is designed I don't see it as anymore than that. Of course none of them have said whether it would be for a few months or a few weeks, so that is left in the open, but to me as I read it right now, it just seems more like a stunt like Genie's return or Finola's return, designed to draw attention to the show, and draw viewers back. Not saying there is anything wrong with that, but right now I see no difference in the two.

I just wonder what Hogan & Corday will do if Mascolo does not agree to come back. They have to have a backup plan in mind esp. since I just read that Hogan said The Gloved Hand story has gone on too long - which to me goes along with what I was thinking that the story could be told without Stefano's return.

And yes even though I am not watching, I am following things. I don't like what is happening with the show, but I do still love it enough to follow what is going on. Plus there is the soap history buff within me that wants to know. LOL

Archived