Smallville: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It was bad, and Chloe I so want that Lana wannabe to die like yesterday. They retconned everything and instead Jimmy died. It was OBVIOUS she was the one who was going to die.

Now she won't even pay for her betrayal of Clark or anything.

Lana doesn't need to return, she's already on the show in the form of Chloe

• Members

What the heck happened to Lois?

This was a HORRIBLE finale. The season was pretty great and everything was leading to the Clark vs Doomsday fight and how lame did that turn out. I didnt get the ending either but then agian I havent been watching prior to last season

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Some casting news for Season 9(don't scroll if you don't want to know):

Brian Austin Green has been cast on Smallville as the DC Comics villain Metallo, TVGuide.com has learned exclusively.

That's right — the Terminator alum is now playing a cyborg himself.

Green will appear as the kryptonite-powered villain (alter ego "Daily Planet" journo John Corben) in at least the first two episodes of Season 9, which kicks off Friday, Sept. 25.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Smallville-Bri...in-1007034.aspx

• Members

The finale just...failed.

I liked the Lois/RBB convo, I liked Lois/Tess, and Welling I thought was fantastic both in the RBB convo with Lois AND the last scene with Chloe (who I wanted to strangle). His face when he said he couldn't find Lois anywhere was just...heartbreaking.

I HATED that Lois was sent off so early in the finale (though maybe she was lucky lol) and Chloe irked me immensely.

About the casting news, that should be awesome!

Here's more on it (spoilers included)

http://www.tvguide.com/News/MegaMinute-Sma...lo-1007123.aspx

I will say at least that they have some pretty good set up for next season, though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

What I always hated about this show and what ultimately turned me off completely is that you couldn't rely on a single person. Lex was good, then he was wicked, then good again and so on. Lana, Chloe, Clark... Everyone. At any moment they would reverse it and the person you thought was good even though he/she was (pretending to be) evil would actually be - evil. Generally, ambiguity is good, but it wasn't written properly here and it was overdone. There was... Something about it that just annoyed me. Big time.

Then the whole Lana/Clark love story took toooooo much to start/develop, it was painful to watch.

So I can say I hated this show. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Seriously, on a shallow note, Smallville has the prettiest cast lol.

Tom Welling, Erica Durance, Justin Hartley, Allison Mack, Cassidy Freeman, and Callum Blue - WOW.

And after seeing the season 9 preview clip, I can't WAIT for September!

The cast seemed like they had a really good time at Comic-Con, and they seem to have a lot of fun on the show. Oh and I LOVE that Welling was made a producer. And he'll be directing two eps! Also thrilled about Erica's episode count for season 9!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

WOW....what a premiere!

Callum Blue is freakin' awesome as Zod. Tom was fantastic as a 'trying to give up humanity but can't quite do it' Clark. His expression when he saw Lois on the train? ::guh::

BAG was amazing as Corben!

Lois' flashes? HOT Clois sex, and then all that destruction? And Clark wearing the Zod symbol?

This season is going to be so awesome.

• Members

You know, I got why Chloe requested Clark use the ring to bring back Jimmy, and I know she was upset he didn't but she was a little harsh.

Shirtless Ollie is always a nice sight. Love how Lois didn't feed his pity party. She's found her real hero :)

I thought the effects were really great, the train catch and Clark diving off the Statue of Liberty were really well done.

Archived