Smallville: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I absolutely adored the premiere.

The JLA was awesome.

Tom Welling was ridiculously hot, especially in the work camp scenes.

Clark and Lois bantering while off to rescue Chloe was GREAT.

I really liked how they softened up Dinah, wish they'd keep her around for Ollie.

Clark FINALLY letting go of his past and trying to move forward, that speech was a LONG time coming.

And Clark and Lois at the Daily Planet?

"I'm gonna be a little closer to home. Looks like we're gonna be neighbors, Lane."

I freakin' squealed.

Shallow note (in addition to the hotness that is Tom Welling)....Erica Durance looks gorgeous with darker hair.

• Members

what a fantastic season opener.

I wasnt sure how it would be without lana, or Lex. But it works. It really does work.

Tess Mercer is amazing. I love this woman so much already. I think she can fill Lex's shoes. It woulda been better had they brought in at the end of last season or soemthing, but i understand and will look over that....

I loved the storyline with Chloe. Havin The Simi-Justice League there with Chloe, Clark, and Lois really worked well. I love that JH/Oliver is fulltime now.

Chloe & Jimmy :wub:

Clark & Lois :wub:

and EZrica Durance looks 10x's better with her hair like this.

I am also glad there are homosexual undertones betwen Clark & Oliver and Lois & Tess. Because this show just wouldnt the same without those ;) ... tho nothing will ever be bettwe than Clex.

I cant wait for

OH, and the updated openings were fantastic.

• Members

I like Tess as well. She and Lois are going to be a fun rivalry I have a feeling!

I was also VERY happy to hear Lois call Clark "Smallville" at least once during the episode. It's become like a term of endearment between them at this point.

That scene with Martian Manhunter in the loft was just freakin' awesome. While I wish that little epiphany would have taken place in say, like season 5, I'll take it now.

I'm not sure if it was deliberate on the part of the writers, but given the episode title of Odyssey, it just might be....but in the Odyssey, Odysseus is fighting to get home to his true love Penelope. During this episode, we have Clark saying he just wants to go home, and then in the final scene, he tells Lois that he'll be working 'closer to home' - which is across from her.

Of course, at this point in the series, neither of them realize what they will become to each other, but it could be one of the little foreshadowing hints the writers drop.

Or I could be overthinking it LOL!

• Administrator

Justin Hartley's on contract? I had no idea! Good for him!

Did anyone think Tess looked like an older version of Rachel Melvin (Chelsea on DAYS)?

I love the JLA too!

Fantastic scene! I hope this season, we finally get the beginning of Clark/Lois pairing (I hope it happens very slowly).

I agree! She looked very hot. :wub:

• Members

Kelly, i dont think you are overthinking it at all. I think they planned it. Have you watcheed the seasons on DVD? IN most commentarys/special features theytalk about writing in things that forshadow things in his future and whatnot.

Yeah Toups, JH is on contract. He is even in the opening credits. However i dont know if its a full 22 episode contract or a 13 contract (like Erica Durance has had before this season).

Roman, That was the Black canaray. As someone else posted she was in last season as well. The writers have said theyw ant Wonder Woman's char and Batman's to appear but they are limited on what DC people they can use.

• Members

Thoughts on Plastique?

Clark showing up for work in a plaid shirt was hilarious....and Lois shoving him into a phone booth to change? Awesome.

Loved the whole Lane/Kent investigating thing...Lois' rules for journalism ("you really should be writing these down" lol) were made of awesome.

I liked the moment at the end when Lois tells Clark that she really liked the fact that the uncovered the truth, NOT just the headline.

I'm a little in love with Sam Witwer :) Davis is sooooo charming.

• Members

She is.

She told that young lady about "The 'Injustice' of it all." The Injustice League, I believe, was the precuser to The Legion Of Doom.

Smallville is turning into a full on live-action comic. And then........

Doomsday........

Is Coming.............

Archived