Smallville: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Before moving to Fridays, it was the networks top rated show. And even moving to Fridays, it's doing okay. The network wasn't going to cancel it, it would be up to Tom Welling and the show's producers.

• Members

I actually think the show has improved with age. The clearing out of worthless Lana and the moving away from endless "Red Kryptonite turns someone evil!" stories, the show was looking up. And Rosenbaum leaving was also for the best, as Lex had become a dead end character by the time he left.

• Members

I thought the show should have ended have the Supergirl season. I only started watching bc of her and that even though that season started strong, and fell apart midway. The one that followed was kinda dissapointing as well. The best part of this season was Lois and how much she was utilized. Clark's arc continued to drag on. I understand why they have to slow things down for the sake of the show, but really he should have been Superman already and the way he's been held back has come across forced and contrived. I didnt like Chloe's new role as the show's Oracle and Oliver was beyond useless. I dont see what purpose he served. I didnt care for Zod's character and the overall story arc of the season. I know some loved it but I also didnt care the the weekly cameo of the weeks with each one featuring a random DC villian. This was probably the better of the 3 seasons Ive watched, but thats not saying much. Id rather they had ended Smallville years ago and spun it off into a new series with Clark in a his new role.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

I'm at the end of season four at the moment, but I can feel the difference - for some reason it was way better in the previous seasons. However, the addition of Erica Durance is pure brilliance (hence, the avatar). I will continue watching, hoping that the following season is better than this one (the football thing ruined it for me).

• Members

Seasons 5-7 have their really good moments, but that was the start of the 'we don't know if we're getting renewed' thing.

So the first half of the season? Generally fantastic.

But then they'd get picked up and they'd enter slow down mode.

Season 7 is one of my least favorite seasons ever (aside from about 3 really terrific episodes).

Season 8 played much the same way (stellar first half, then they got picked up). The difference was that time, when Welling re-signed, he did for 2 years, so they pretty much knew they'd have seasons 9 and 10 to tell the story and had a 2 year plan, so season 9 was pretty solid all the way through.

I can't wait for 9/24.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

There was a LOT going on in the premiere but I really enjoyed it.

Seeing a live action "Death of Superman" scene was amazing, and it was gorgeously shot. Durance killed me when Lois said "Please come back to me." And the moment when Clark is standing in the sun and speeds off and Lois just smiles was absolutely lovely.

I loved the whole scene at the Planet. Lois teasing Clark about the kiss and Clark's little smile that she couldn't see, and then the whole pen thing was hilarious.

I'm very intrigued by what's going on with Tess.

I knew as soon as CloneLex told Lois she was Clark's greatest weakness that she'd go to Africa. And Clark's scene with CloneLex was fantastic. Welling was terrific all night, but this was one of my favorite scenes.

Loved seeing Pa Kent again, and nice scene considering Jor-El was kinda jerky to Clark.

Well done premiere, everyone was on top of their game!

Archived