Smallville: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hahahah some of you guys really crack me up with the abnormal hate for Lana. ^_^ I mean, really, come on.

I love both Lois and Lana and never actually would choose either. I loved Lana all the way through her final regular year (didn't see season eight yet) and I loved Lois all the way since the beginning.

And don't get me started on the puzzling hatred for Chloe all the way through her run.

• Members

OMG!! She was a nightmare. Just so horrible. If she had just kept her perfect pink mitts off my Lex I could have made my peace with her awfulness, but no. She had to take him down too.

There is nothing abnormal about my undying hate for that evil hell bitch. Thanks. ;)

Chloe was never as bad for me. Maybe because Clark and Lex weren't falling all over themselves for her. It also was never a Lana versus Lois thing for me because I always knew that Lana was no real threat to Lois. That's just not the way the story plays out. The second Lois Lane showed up Lana and Clark were basically toast. I simply hated Lana Lang for who she was all on her own.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

I had the same feelings. I wanted to see L/C get married and I wanted a bigger fight between Clark/Darkseid. Also, in 2018, L/C are still not married? Huh? I was confused by that.

The finale was okay, I didn't hate it or anything.

But overall, I loved the entire series. I'm definitely going to miss watching the sexy Erica Durance. LOL And I'm going to miss the cinematography too. It was one of the best shows on tv to look at. It was beautiful.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

I find this show to be such a mixed experience. At times it can be so good, but that usually lasts for an episode or two or maybe even more than two, but then it tends to get... I don't know how to describe it. I kind of can't wait to watch it to the end and then be done with it for good.

Still, when it is good, it is amazing. Erica Durance was amazing all the way through her stay, but ever since she darkened her hair (S8) she is even more beautiful and interesting than before. I guess the dynamic between her and Welling is the thing that has kept me watching this long.

I'm on the half of season 9 at the moment, and the first half was okay, but currently I'm struggling through "Absolute Justice." :lol:

• Members

Yeah the show wasn't really all that great, especially with Al & Miles were running things. I hate the Chloe & Lana propping at the expense of Clark in almost every season

Tom & Erica are love :wub: I love Erica's hair dark, it looks so much better. I hated the blonde

• Members

I always had mixed feelings about the show but I thought it got much better when Lana left and when they moved away from Red Kryptonite of the Week. I remember the showrunners in the first few years talking breathlessly about what new hairstyle Lana was going to have. Never mind that she had the personality of a dead fish.

• Members

I actually find most storylines to be way better and more intriguing in the first seven seasons, then as far as I've seen in seasons eight and nine. The only thing keeping me hooked are Clark and Lois. Otherwise, the first part of the show winds hands down.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

The best seasons were the middle ones IMO. Seasons 1-3 were alright but they were just kind of a set up for the series I feel. Seasons 4-7 were when I felt the show really hit their stride and started taking risks that seemed to pay off. I loved the progression we got from Super Boy to Superman and we got to see the middle of his story. I personally found that to be a lot more interesting then the beginning and the ending. Once season eight rolled around the show felt so tired. I still can't believe this show lasted 10 seasons though. It's a great accomplishment. I felt the only thing anchoring me to the show in the later seasons was Chloe who was pretty much a break out character for me in the later seasons (S6-8 especially), although I didn't like her story with Oliver.

I never cared for this version of Lois though.

• Members

I've been rewatching the series and seasons 6-8 are going down much better the second or third time around. I'm not sure why but for some reason, each had something irritating about them that I didn't like much the first time (Lexana, Kara, Davis) but are much more interesting now.

• 2 months later...

Archived