Grey's Anatomy: Discussion Thread

• Members

this season is a little lost, all over the place, up and down, cluttered and basically a mess - yet i still think its ok drama and im still invested. after a few solid seasons ill allow them one to find its new groove. I just hope this bad run doesnt last like the last one (Season 4 - The Hospital Shooting)

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The bad run imo started in October and ended with the episode right before Bailey's wedding. This show is finally getting back on track this season. I loved the tension between Arizona/Callie/Derek and Meredith/Christina. They need to keep the focus on them and give us less of those annoying new interns. Not one of them imo is a breakout character like Lexie or April were in the past.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Members

I haven't watched in years but as soon as I read that Sandra Oh was leaving, I knew this was sure to follow, even if just an appearance!

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/03/06/isaiah-washington-returning-greys-anatomy/

I wouldn't be surprised if Shonda were testing the waters, though for a regular or at least recurring role. The show has been missing that arrogant, cocksure character who can also play the heavy.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

I honestly miss Burke and while what Washington did was horribly wrong I think he apologized and enough time has gone by for him to return without much drama....at least I hope. Is Yang leaving with Owen? I honestly don't know how he could ever be with her after the abortion....much as I love Yang I just couldn't forgive someone who did that to me.

• Members

Well, apparently, who you are or what you may look like determines how long you should pay for a transgression. Isaiah losing his job and primary source of income and barely being able to find work was not enough. I guess he should have been tarred and feathered.

I don't watch Shonda shows that much any longer [and my heart goes out to Viola Davis should her show get picked up], but I agree that if Oh is leaving, Burke is part of that journey in order for the character to come full circle.

• Members

Its been so long (which makes me realize how quickly my life is flying by lol) but if I remember correctly he didn't exactly help himself with some of his public statements and actions after the incident occurred. Plus I know none of us were actually there to witness it but I remember there being a physical aspect to it in addition to the verbal abuse/derogatory word he used.

I do agree with your point but for me if he had simply apologized publicly and in private to TR he might have been able to keep his job. And there was this one awards ceremony that he said something off the rails that I was just like "HUH" and knew it was over for him.

But yeah Yang deserves nothing but the best for her farewell but now I worry that the show will lose its one lifeline. Cuz God knows Mer and Der are not giving me life these days. The interns are just not that engaging or as interesting as the Alex/Izzie/Mer/George/Yang crew were. The middle/older set of doctors is alright but if Owen is leaving that leaves Callie whos not as funny as she used to be and Arizona who's gone coocoo for coco puffs lately. I feel like I'm forgetting someone...OH Bailey....smdh...that in of itself says it all about that once glorious character.

• Members

It probably would have been fine if that loser, Katherine Heigle, had stayed out of it and not used that idiot, TK, and this situation to further her career. Who should apologize to whom is not my concern as I was not there. Grown ups in the work place need to learn to take their 24 hours to calm down and get back to work the next day. It would have been best had Washington not said anything public, but that is water under the bridge.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I did....I honestly wasn't expecting Christina to leave. I thought it was joke really but her last epsiode was a kind of gut wrenching. Call it denial but as the episode progressed it finally hit me and then the scene with her and Mer dancing to "Where Does The Good Go?" just had me bawling....

And her advice to Meredith and her little speech to Alex about how she's come to respect his abilities was EVERYTHING. Yang has seriously been one of the best characters to be on television in the last 10 of however many years Greys has been on the air...

• 4 months later...
  • Members

Been getting back into the series after a long hiatus with it. I stopped watching this at the end of season 6 just because I felt that the show did a horrible job in maintaining their talent. It became a joke every time a cast member got fired or left. There was just a massive amount of talent bleed. Looking back it's obvious why Katherine Heigl left, she was in the midst of a burgeoning film career and was one of ten leads on a show, getting paid peanuts. It's obvious she wanted out, and did everything she could to leave the show. That being said the combined loss of Isobel and George from the original team harmed the show greatly, and the show has never really recovered. You could see that the writers tried to stem those losses but they never really healed over. Lexie and Owen were great standouts though. I never liked Callie or Arizona.

• 4 months later...