Grey's Anatomy: Discussion Thread

• Members

I'm still watching and I have to say I'm really enjoying it. I wish we had seen the funeral, but I liked how they showed the impact of Derek's death on the hospital staff throughout the year. Also, even though it was easy to predict Meredith would have another baby, I loved how they contrasted her running off with Ellis's when she was pregnant with Maggie and showed that Meredith not only isn't her mother but makes better decisions than her. When Meredith named the new child Ellis, it made sense to me because she finally understood everything her mother went through when they were living in Boston.

This last episode was excellent. I loved when Amelia confronted Mer about not letting Derek's family know he was dying and April showing up at the hospital with the tow truck to save the guy's life was epic!

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

*through sobs*

Damn, the irony that exactly one week later I would stand over my mother - as her blood pressure started to drop and as her heart began to stop beating - with my hand placed over her heart and tell her the same words.

I guess I should have knocked on wood after typing that comment.

The whole situation was eerily similar. Being awake for a period but completely trapped in your body, the doctors deciding to do the appropriate medical treatment only when it was too late... The main difference was my mother was in the so-called best hospital in New York.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I really enjoyed this episode and I'm enjoying this season!

Jerrika/Stephanie knocked it out the park this episode!  You could tell that she was uncomfortable with the care for the patient so I knew something had to have gone down in her past. But I love how she eventually, in a way, became her mother and helped.encouraged the patient to reach the chair even if she had to hit her to do it, she would be by her side helping her get better.

Wilson continues to be the absolute worst. I mean I get that Steph used white lies in the opening to get her labs and results rushed.... I found that downright funny, but you can't help that she thought it up and didn't try to capitalize and do the same. I mean, if she sat there and thought that story up in a  New York Minute (as Wilson believed) then slow clap. But she should have simply asked, "Why didn't you tell me?"

I loved Richard just telling Amelia that the story was true and then saying after all the hours, days and surgeries you've spent with Edwards, how can you go on the word of someone you hardly knew? That was such a mic drop moment.

Mer's speech about talking to someone and breaking the news that they have gone from wife/husband to widow/widower was beautiful and really tied in with that episode from last season when she told that Dr. how Derek will stick with her for the remainder of her life, just as she'll stick with Mer. But that fricking ending.,.. WOW!

Edited by London

• Members

Last night was AMAZINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG! I am loving Grey's post Patrick Dempsey and it only took 11 years for this to happen!

Man, the anxiety coming off of Meredith and the sounds they were using for her were just amazing. Ellen did the damn thing with this episode.

I did feel bad for Penny, I felt bad for her in her initial episode and I felt bad for her last night. She was not the sole person that "killed" Derek, that was a team effort and she wasn't the only one. She was just more empathetic and shouldered the blame. She should have pushed harder for a CT but even with one I don't think he would have made it because they had to wait for the damn neurosurgeon  who couldn't be bothered because he was at dinner.

I loved Alex and how attuned he was to Mer and how erratic her behavior became after Callie and Penny showed up. He had me in tears when Mer closed the door on Callie and he leaned over to mouth Sorry to her.

Drunk Arizona was a hoot.

Kepner was the voice of reason, which was sad because they all had to have realized that they have had a Derek Sheppard on their hands at one point or another and definitely more than once.  Sure their patient wasn't a brilliant neurosurgeon with the capability of healing the world, but they were someone's loved one and that person died while in their hands. But I do get Mer's and Amelia's anger and I loved that Mer still told her to show up on Monday and judging by the previews there's going to be a sh!tstorm but at the same time I can see Meridith doing all this to push her to become a better doctor so that what happened at Dillard will hopefully not happen again while on her watch and give her the voice she needs to push for what she believes to be right.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Watching Season 5 for the first time. I am so thrilled with how much I've grown to love Lexie, considering I thought I would hate her when she first showed up at the end of season 3.

Sorta enjoying the Denny ghost and sorta not. But the Heigl/Morgan chemistry is so special, they just had to do it.

OWEN HUNT IS MY BOO BOO. My God. I was in love the MOMENT he showed up. He and Cristina are my #1 interest this season.

#2 would be Callie's coming out (which has been handled damn well) and her relationship with Erica, although Erica just quit and disappeared. No idea if she's ever coming back.

President Roslin from BATTLESTAR GALACTICA just showed up as a surgeon with Asperger's and she went in on Bailey. Oh, snap.

It was also Sadie's first episode and I think I hate her.

• Members

What a great combination Mark and Lexie turned out to be!

Derek's an ass.

Meredith has actually grown. A lot.

Owen and Cristina continue to be superb.

Arizona is exactly the type of character I thought I'd hate but she's amazing.

Thank God Sadie's gone.

It was awesome that Izzie chose Cristina to tell her secret to. Doing it on the vent was inspired.

• Members

Meredith giving her wedding to Alex and Izzie, Izzie walking down the aisle but losing her strength and needing her ex-lover to help her get to the altar, then getting married while all the other couples or non-couples stare at each other longingly. Perfect melodrama. Say what you want about GA, but it did soap opera better than any daytime show currently does (or has for a long time).