Brothers & Sisters: Discussion Thread

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Toups, I really think you and Errol and the SON staff should talk about if this primetime forum sub forum stuff is working or not. I personally don't think it is. I never know who will have posted topics or where or where to look or if anyone knows the difference. Shouldn't this be in the ABC forum? I just don't think this sub forums are necessary or working. :)

But anyway, I love this show. Definitely my new fav show of the season. That and Studio60, of course!

• Members

I'm glad Tommy (brother we couldn't remember last week) got more development.

The business aspect of the show is great, and the family drama is AMAZING!

Sally Field is a joy to watch, and she plays well off PsychoConservativeCalista.

ETA: I was hoping Ann Coulter would be featured in her book collection. :lol:

• Members

I dont like the show as much as I hoped I would, i just found it to be too "Pasadena" not enough "Titans" or "Ally McBeal/DH"....very serious and dramatic.

LOVED, LOVED, LOVED Calista Flockhart! PERFECT...SO HAPPY SHE IS BACK ON TELEVISOIN (i'm sure she regrets turning down the role of Susan on DH!) but she was amazing, as was the performances of Sally Field.

Not a huge fan of the brother who works at the company (where did I see him before) and I HATED Rachel Griffiths on Six Feet Under....but she is actually much more likable in this.

• Administrator

Loved the scene outside the police station! Great acting all around. I've been impressed with Dave Annable's (Justin) acting. I didn't think he was that great on "Reunion."

Like I said last week, this show is going to get tons of acting nominations at the Emmys and possibly the Golden Globes.

Pasadena had the mystery factor and Titans was campy.

B&S is more of a straight family/business drama.

I'm going to say Pasadena since you mentioned it above. LOL :)

Could be the backstage problems. I assume things will get a lot better once new showrunner Greg Berlanti's influence starts airing (when Marti Noxon's name disappears from the credits).

• Members

It got a 9.8 or something like that ... doesn't that translate to about 16 million viewers? As long as it stays up there I think it'll be good for a season. I don't think Grey's was getting much more than that after DH, until the Superbowl show at least.

• Members

It got a 9.1 actually. Cold Case and Without a Trace beat it with a 9.8. I didnt really watch the premiere eppy but watched last night and loved it. I will be tuning in next week. But the gay guy is way over the top! :rolleyes:

• Members

Oh, I hear you on Rachel Griffith's storyline. Honestly, I almost bawled when I saw that the husband bought the Hawaiin skirt. It was just an honest, human thing that you don't see on many shows. A little thing like that can tug at my heartstrings MUCH more than Justin's slutty, alcoholic adventures and reconnecting with his family members. ALTHOUGH, Sally was amazing during that scene by the prison! And I just loved the song at the end and the way they were all at the beach.

• Members

I just entered the new season these days.

As for B&S: The pilot was slow; slow as in Lifetime-Movie of the week slow. Too bad, since the cast is just delicious and the look (directing!) is brilliant. Hopefully the wriitng will get better because so far this aspect stunk.

The ending however was chilling how Tom Skeritt drowned in the pool - WOW.

Could someone tell if episode 2 was overall better? Is the series worth watching?

Archived