Days of our Lives Writer Dishes on Philip Recast

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I certainly didn't think we was that bad...he at least showed potential.

He was absolutely the best out of the bunch that he was acting with THATS for sure and he was better on his worst day than Brandt was on his best...so at least it is am improvement acting wise hiring Jay.

I agree with most of this.

I do like Jay and think he can act, but I just dont know about his image, especially with the description Hoagie gave us.

I don't know...perhaps he has changed a bit in the last few years.

I did like Spencer Hill's look though!

• Members

Has anyone seen JKJ recently? I saw him on the CSI episode that was mentioned and who was he playing, but a bad guy. He rocked the role and can play evil so well. He played a rapist or something, or maybe it was a killer. I don't he played an evil role and it was completly believable. If I can remember right, he did have his hair cut shorter than his long locks on DAYS. JKJ is the one to go with DAYS! You know the show wants him and since his resume isn't looking so good for the future, he is going to cave in and agree. Just watch.

• Members

I agree with all of you about Jay Kenneth Johnson. Spencer Hill would be better, IF he can act. I will say that judging by the report of JKJ's acting on CSI: MIAMI, then he may have matured and became a better actor, if so, maybe he'd be alright. I just don't buy JKJ as a marine and don't think he'd fit in with Martha Madison(Belle) and NuShawn, Brandon Beemer.

• Members

I ended up being pretty impressed with Kyle Brandt near the end. For me, he did seem to evoke a young man who had matured, gotten scars, was beginning to resemble John Aniston's Victor. Something about him reminds me of Victor now. There was a tension in his performance, too. But I am very open to a good recast. I think the character can go anywhere.

• Members

You will be the first person I think of when she finally returns to DAYS (and I say when because I truly believe Sorel's time in Salem is not yet completely up).

I hope for your sake that she returns just so you can have something to just be estatic over.

Of course I would love to see her back too, she is a very talented actress and Vivian was just one of the best female characters during the 90's, she was fun & evil mixed all into one....but if she were to return I would want it to be the Vivian that first showed up in Salem, not the cartoon the HW turned her into in her last years with the show.

• Members

JKJ was good (for DAYS) and I loved him as Philip until they ruined him by turning him into the bad guy to prop up Brady and Chloe. Although he wouldn't look right next to Martha and Brandon, sometimes actors who don't look like a villian do the best as bad guys. Case in point: Fred Savage on L&O, and Elijah Wood in Sin City.

Spencer Hill lookswise would make a great Philip. Let's hope that the DAYS casting strikes gold again.

Archived