Thoughts Of Rosie's First Day On The View

Rhiannon

• Members

I saw some quick clips on the TVGuide Channel (forgot to tape it) and that set was just all wrong for the show. It was too dark for a talk show, even by today's standards. Almost all daytime talk shows (or maybe it IS all) have nice brightly lit sets.

Rosie, please go away. Please. Star, I want you back. And Meredith, you too. Hell, bring Debbie and Lisa too. I don't mind a 7 person co-hosting team as long as NONE of them are Rosie.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It went okay. I like Rosie, so I'm glad she's back. I'm also glad she poked fun at herself. I loved Joy and Rosie bickering a little. Barbara was clearly nervous, it was obvious. Elisabeth was on good behavior it seemed.

Now onto the set ... it was FUGLY. Yuck. Yuck. Yuck.

• Members

That set is beyond ugly!

It is the worst set I have ever seen for a talk show.

I can't believe it they fucked it up so bad.

I hate the color. I hate the lighting on the stairs. I hate the orange giant VIEW square in the middle

of the set. And I hate the new table too...lol. Hell, even the new coffee mugs are gross.

Whoever designed that set needs to be Star Jonesed out the door.

From that great City set to this hunk of junk....eeeww!

I super size hate it! It hurts my eyes and makes me want to puke into my shoes....wait that was Rosie...but still...lol

• Members

She does bring a lot of much needed fun energy. Meredith will never be replaced and was one of a kind, but Rosie's different and just as good and needed at this point in the show.

The only awkward moment I noticed is when they started talking about Steve Irwin and then while they showed pics and videos of him they continued talking about the new movie Superman(cuz it remined him of him for Rosie's son) and Ben Affleck and just couldn't stop and stay on topic about Steve :unsure: Yeah that wa a bit weird.

• Members

Yeah, she’s so mean-spirited. That’s why she gives 1/4 of her income to charity. Again, I sometimes find her annoying, but come on. Don’t you think it’s a tad bit hypocritical of you to claim someone is insensitive, but then say “kill the fat cow”? I sense your hatred is deeper than the magazine thing. lol. It’s like you’re out for blood or something.

• Members

OH-MY-GOD.

Call me crazy, but I think the set changes and Rosie's addition to the cast is all part of a ploy to mooch off O'Donnell's successful, now-defunct show!

Yes, the set is smaller -- and about the same size and proportion as ROSIE'S old set was.

Notice how, as a bumper, ROSIE stood by an audience member who announced what's coming up next on "The View."

ALL THE FREE PRIZES, people!!!

The new set's loud color scheme is SOOOO something the old Rosie show would do.

Rosie opened the show and closed the show on Wednesday.

And of course, Rosie is just being OLD, lovable Rosie. (As opposed to butch hair cut, hypocritical !@#$%^&*] Rosie from the past four years). Note today's Rosie-isms such as the imaginary woman who might get onto Rosie for making fun of fat people and then saying "SEND!" as she motioned sending an e-mail.

Rosie being Rosie, plus the new set, plus the prize giveaways...IT ALL MAKES SENSE, people!

DON'T you realize?!!

SURELY I'm not the only one who noticed this.

It ALL leads back to ROSIE!!!

And yes, even though she's horribly left wing liberal, before I knew that, and thought of her as just sweet Catholic funny girl who lost her mother to breast cancer (back in the day), I absolutely LOVED this !@#$%^&*]!

And yes.

I'm actually recording "The View" now while at work. That's how much I've missed FunRo.

So, it's a trick to get us to watch a modern, tweaked version of the Rosie O'Donnell Show.

But it is SO working~!!!!!!

• Members

But JSF, that is the problem. This just won't work on THE VIEW. Plain and simple.

THE VIEW used to make fun of itself and how far apart it was from other shows in the genre. Remember the day after the Oprah Car Giveaway? Meredith came out and said something really sarcastic(and possibly !@#$%^&*]y) about how if they wanted a free car, they should have went to Oprah.

THE VIEW never needed extravagant, yet distracting audience giveaways to make its viewers feel like they wanted to be there.

And pardon me, Rosie, but I LIKED the "Grandma set" thank you very much. It doesn't feel like I'm watching a hideous game show like the new set does.

I see the show shifting from its hot topics to just schtick for the first two segments after the dust settles. I just totally can't see Rosie being a leader in the hot topics the same way Meredith was.

And Rosie TOTALLY annoyed Barbara yesterday. Anyone watching at home during the Jessica interview could see that.

Rosie on THE VIEW=SHARK JUMP!

• Members

Well, I too was incensed when I heard what she said about that woman's mother, ESPECIALLY knowing how hypocritical that was for her, of all people, to say...but at the same time, I'm loving her again. And I loathe her politics. And her clear agenda pushing. (I was too young I guess to recognize it in the early years of the "Ro" show) . But I somehow like her again. As long as I can avoid the shows when Hot Topics turn to abortion or something like that, I'm good. :)

Oh, PS. I didn't know Elisabeth's husband was black! Not that there's anythign wrong with that, I just didn't know, nor would I have guessed!! (I saw the vid footage of him on today's "View")

Oh, also, Ro and Bitsy seem to get along VERY well together!

Archived