Thoughts Of Rosie's First Day On The View

Rhiannon

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not sure where to put this thread...but here goes:

Ok I'm not a big View watcher at all - but I figured I'm home, so I'll watch Rosie's 'comeback'. Well, she fit in pretty well - except that Joy is certainly trying to cause drama - asking questions regarding her thoughts on Tom Cruise, why she came back, and other pushy questions. It just seems like she's kind of being a !@#$%^&*] to her, and Rosie is doing a good job deflecting/ignoring it. Rosie did did already say though, within the first 20 minutes, "And you thought I was going to have problems with Elisabeth!", after Joy made fun of something she said.

It just isn't a good idea to put two comics together on a show like this, as Joy obviously seems jealous or is being a !@#$%^&*] IMO. I get the vibe that Joy is weary of Rosie being able to 'lead' the show.

My prediction is Joy is the next gal off this show and there will be a verbal fight this season that people will talk about between Joy and Rosie.

Omg - they just gave everyone in the audience a CRUISE. I wish I were there :( haha

• Members

THE VIEW officially jumped the shark today.

The set looks SO ugly. There isn't enough white to contrast it. I enjoyed "the home" look for the show. It looked so cozy and warm. Now, it just looks like a new set for WHEEL OF FORTUNE or something.

And Rosie pretty much put everyone off except Elisabeth(and that's because Bitsy's flattered that Rosie wants to munch her muffin). Didn't get Joy/Rosie hate vibes, but I taped it, so I'll look back at it in a minute or so.

Barbara looked SO pissed during the Jessica Simpson interview because Rosie wouldn't shut the hell up. You could tell Barbara was smiling, gritting her teeth, trying to hold it together, but girlfriend looked totallly pissed. I bet she was thinking, "I wish I'd chosen someone else."

THE VIEW won't last long enough for a Joy or Rosie replacement. I bet this'll be the last year for the show.

Now...on to Katie Couric's trainwreck...

• Members

Rosie is doing a good job for the first episode, but she has to watch herself JUST A BIT during guest interviews, she seemed to be kinda ALL OVER the place during the Jessica Simpson interview and even broke into a bit of song right when Simpson was talking...I mean I know Rosie is theatrical and stuff, but she needs to tone that down JUST A BIT. You could tell Barbara and the rest were a TAD annoyed by that.

Overall though, The View's ratings are going to go up up up with Rosie's arrival, you can tell she cuts throught the bullshit and just says what NEEDS to be said, she is great at cutting the tension and keeping things under control.

Another thing that is great is that there seems to be a little more direction, it isn't constant screaming over each other anymore.

• Members

Rosie seemed a little awkward. I suppose things will flow better with time. But I don't think she fits with an ensemble very well. She's too..... umm..... BIG. No, I don't mean her weight. It's just that everything about her is too BIG (if that makes sense). She doesn't fit the "Meredith" role. Meredith was a reporter and she was great as the moderator. Rosie is all wrong for that.

• Members

Loved the background, the blue and the orange was very modern. Loved Rosie, and how she talked about every subject that was talked about her in the media, and I love how she cuts through the BS and gets to the point, as she always does.

Jessica Simpson as the first guest, that's another story :unsure: Man her songs sucked. Had to FF through that.

Archived