Thoughts Of Rosie's First Day On The View

Rhiannon

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

KR, I don't watch football so that name means nothing to me. Anyway, I THOUGHT you were right, but anyone who watched today's "View" can back me up. Unless the show was playing a prank or it was an inside joke, they showed footage of Bitsy's hubby making a touchdown and yes, much to my surprise, there were black arms and legs. That means he's black. ;)

• Members

Like Bitsy would EVER have jungle fever!

I think it went along the lines of, "Bad people get cancer, and you know what happens to bad people who get cancer? They die" or something like that.

Rosie was probably losing her ever long mind.

It speaks to you being a fan of THE ROSIE O'DONNELL SHOW, *NOT* a fan of THE VIEW.

Some of us VIEW fans liked the show the way it was: not every talk show needs to look like a three-ring circus and give out prizes everyday. I still can't believe they fucked up that set so badly.

• Members

Rosie's "Queen of Nice" attitude was too much to take seriously as her show continued on. While I would hope we have celebrities out there who are sincere, as time went on, the real !@#$%^&*] in her came out.

I know she does a lot for charity, which is good. But she lacks tact, and doesn't know when to shut up. I think that's what a lot of people can't stand about her.

• Members

I'm very aware of her faults and even went through a Rosie-hating period but now I have to admire her for being so far out of the closet. The tone of The View has changed, but after Star and Meredith left, the show seemed awkward and stilted. She's brought new life to it at least for now.

That said, she's not the type of personality I get along with in real life.

• Members

I know, Toadstool. And for her to say something like that REALLY says something about how she must have felt about her mother. I mean, I hate to sound morbid but, was he pain over her mother's death a lie? Because it seems to me that someone who's MOTHER died of cancer wouldn't make generalizations like that about people with cancer because obviously, she would IMMEDIATELY think of her mother and realize she would be lumping her mother with that generalization. So it begs the question: did Ro's mo have an affair or something that would make HER a "liar?" Clearly, this was a good example of an outburst that should speak volumes about some pent up anxiety about Rosie's relationship with her mother.

• Members

JSF, it could be much simpler than that. Kids sometimes have an irrational tendency to blame the dead parent for abandoning them. When my mom had cancer (she survived it), my sister was angry at her for not getting tested earlier and "leaving us with the mess" if she were to die.

Or it could be even more simple - Rosie thought of the most painful thing she could say and to her it involved cancer.

But I see your point about the lying part and I've wondered what her mother might have lied about too.

Archived