All: Telenovelas:Is anyone on this message board going to be watching these new shows

danthig

• Members

With the MyNetworkTV network about to premiere with its telenovelas "Desire" and "Fashion House" on Sept. 5,2006 is anyone on this baord going to be watching the shows.I'm planning on watching these shows.The previews in my opinion look good and very campy.I don't expect these shows to burst into the top 20 shows.But I do expect that the new network to be able to reach their target audience.I expect these shows to be good.By comparison in my tv market I'm more likely to watch a MyNetworkTV affiliate instead of the CW affiliate because most of its shows don't jump out at me and plus I don't have a station that will pick up CW as clear as I would want it to.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This should probably be moved to the Primetime Thread, but yeah, I plan on watching. I hope that once these programs become profitable(and I believe they will), they will stop doing adaptations and recruit American writers to develop telenovelas.

I think people underestimate how well MyNetworkTV may do against CW. Will it trump CW in the ratings? Maybe/Maybe Not. But I just still think it's interesting that my FOX Affiliate is abandoning FOX programming for sister net, MyNetworkTV. I know they are getting more bang for their buck, but that is a very bold move on the station's part to give up on ad rates for AMERICAN IDOL, 24, etc. for this type of programming. MyNetworkTV is committed to this type of programming and I hope it works out for them.

• Members

Yeah I plan on watching "Desire" and "Fashion House". The good thing is the MyNetworkTV has nothing else to air but these shows. It's not like if they do terrible there is something to replace them with. They are going to stick them out and they are only thirteen weeks. I think that its important that MNTV is willing to give the time for English language audience to adjust to the format.

One of the things I like is that they are on every night. I know I don't always remember what night shows are on when I've got something going on. Keep things across the board will help.

I don't think that they will do anywhere even near the top 20. Even Roger Ailes, the chairman of Fox Television group I believe, is only expecting a 1.8 in the 18-49 demographic, and Jack Abernathy has since said they have no expectations for the new network because of UPN's declining ratings. I do suspect they might pass most people's expectations around March/April when the other networks begin to close shop for the season. It would actually be to MyNetworkTV's benefit if they don't do well early on. I think overall they'll do better if they can manage to keep the other networks telenovela free and clean house in the summer of 2007.

• Members

I want to watch them, but will probably wait until they're over and buy them bootleg. The problem is that they air five days a week in PRIMETIME. Thats going to be impossible to watch everyday and being an avid daytime soap viewer, I need to see EVERY episode. But even with a DVR, you can only record two things at once and aren't allowed to watch a third while those two are recording.

I know there will be days when two shows on other networks will be on at the same time and I'll miss the telenovellas. But I do hope they're successful! Some of my favorites will be starring. Morgan Fairchild and Catherine Oxenberg are particularly exciting for me.

• Members

I will be watching...not really interested in CW beyond America's Next Top Model and Everybody Hates Chris.

Fashion House reminds me of Models Inc. and Desire...well maybe it will give me something Dawson's Creeklike.

• Members

No UPN & WB were not in the top 20. I was just referring to the comment danthig made about the top twenty and then mentioned how even the people at the network arent really sure how the stuff will fair. I think that they'll be another season of 8 most definitely. Several articles have talked about how the network has bought enough rights for a few years, and vague about how many years exactly. An earlier article about "Desire" from when it was still in the syndication stage said they had bought enough for I believe 5 seasons, which showing 3 novelas a year was 15 novelas.

However my bigger point was that I do see them being a success if they can manage to keep the other networks from airing them. If they can enter the summer of 2007 competition free I could see MyNetworkTV pulling in very good numbers since there will be nothing else on and the format will be something that people will have started to get use to. Plus I think that viewers will be pulled into the murder mystery plot of "A Dangerous Love" and the revenge plot that I suspect will cover the second half of "Rule of Deception".

I think you make a good point above though bellcurve about the CW vs. MyNetworkTV. I think off the bat the CW is going to do better than MyNetworkTV, but I think that MyNetworkTV will do much better as time goes on.

• Members
I'd watch them if there was a MyNetworkTV affiliate in this area, hell Directv doesn't even carry locals for where I live......We have to get a package from CableOne that has the local channels, so we can still get the local news and weather along with quite a few channels CableOne has yet to offer........ :(

• Members

The radio has been playing the heck out of the ads. 6 days a week of non repeat primetime soaps wow! lol

Since we have no affiliate for MNTV, WSAZ (NBC3) has created a brand new channel and it's being called MyZ. It will feature non NBC programming as well as Fashion House and Desire, but Suddenlink has decided to make it a pay channel as part of the Arts & Entertainment teir. grrrr

Archived