Serial Drama's Best and Worst of 2012

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

IDA. It should work that way. Why talk about stuff they don't watch? If we had done a Best/Worst on this forum, I really wouldn't have much to say about Y&R, bc I don't watch it myself. Its only honest and fair

I thought that was a travesty. Im far from a Jason fan but the way they handled it was pretty much, Bye, No One Cares, Lets Move On. Like dang, who did he piss off

What triangle? Jason and Sam spent most of the year apart and aside from one drunk kiss, nothing romantic was going on between she and John. More like Lame Triangle of the year. I cant believe anyone could consider this skeleton of a story the best as there was no heat or passion on either side

• Members

Well I agree with them about Days, and everyone else in the "soap press" are so protective of this show because of the "great" Wilson romance. I'm giving up on Days as of today along with Y&R. While I think the show is better in some respects, it's just predictable and boring and yeah that includes Kristen, who I think they are wasting on yet another weak story. And I love Greg Vaughn but this role is just flat. He was better and more enjoyable as Lucky.

• Members

I think their list is very well-written, although it reminds me of the power of hype. I barely even saw Robin fans praise that exit, much less anyone else - the show didn't make an effort, and didn't someone at the show tell the press that they didn't make one because Robin wasn't dead? If so, then it deserves scorn.

The John/Sam/Jason "triangle" was barely that - Burton quit early on and apparently audience reaction to John was cold enough that he began vanishing for lengthy periods of time.

I don't think they mentioned Y&R at all, which is probably the right idea these days.

• Members

They're nice, and they are still very good writers, I just think it all became interchangeable fangirling and a lot of the humor and originality of the site went away, especially with less soaps on the air. Even now the stuff like the praise for Robin's funeral feels like a press release. I end up coming away with the idea that most soap blog and press talk about the divine Ron and Frank is some sort of groupthink, because it all just blurs into one. I don't see that as much on boards - even when fans on boards love what's happened to GH, I still hear individual voices. I don't with most of the soap sites anymore, sadly.

Archived