July 24-28, 2006

Toups

• Members

Wow, the demos are looking really good for Days and the overall rating not bad considering where it was a few weeks ago.

Stephen and MaryBeth were the added punch the show needed.

I do agree that Days is in a very good position to take over second place from B&B.

Other shows are going to have to step up to the plate and get rid of Head Writer's that aren't doing a good job. Days getting Hogan Sheffer has got to make the other network executives a little nervous.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not only did Days make a 2.7 in HH, it came thisclose to hitting a 2.8, and the interim writer doesn't take over HW duties until next week! B)

Just two months ago, there was talk of cancelling the soap with an 18-34 audience that is nearly three times that of B&B, ATWT, and GL's audience for that age group. :rolleyes: What a mistake that would have been, not just for Days and its fans, but for the industry itself.

Stephen and Mary Beth's returns have given Days a shot in the arm, but so have the arrival of James Scott (Sami finally gets off the Austin/Lucas merry-go-round) and the news that decent scripts are on the way. Days fans have been waiting since the departure of PB and PC to see those again. :)

• Members

I am really glad to be watching Days most of the time now. I really enjoy Patch and kayla and I'm so glad they are back. I'm not getting into the Shaun Brady weird little triangle at all. I am enjoying much of the rest of the show though.

GH may be turning a corner. I think they may, and I emphasize may, finally be ending the mob hour and moving back to other stories. Sonny and Emily ending is long overdue. I think Scrubs is great. I also like the NuCarly and Sonny. I like the NuCarly a great deal and I'm glad she's done with Jax.

OLTL. That show is just bad right now. I really don't blame it all on Higley. I can't because the show is doing the exact same lousy things now that it did during Malone's last year. You can tell that it is being rewritten regularly. The stalker story is a great example. It's all newbies now, just like when the Santis were running around. There is not one good couple on the show now. When it gets down to it, there isn't one couple. It's just a series of triangle or quadrangles. It's all the same stories just plugging in different players to the triangle.

Enough of my rambling. OLTL is bad now and looking at the spoilers, I don't see any improvement in the future. We'll probably get a November gimmick, but this show is in really bad shape now. I believe it is probably the worst soap on the air right now. Passions is campy, but it is supposed to be.

• Members

ABC Daytime needs big changes across the board. These numbers for all three soaps are pathetic. New headwriters, less interference from Frons, the works. You can have good actors and maybe even a couple or two that works, but if the writing isn't there and the story sucks? It won't matter who it is.

Good for Days for kicking ass. I haven't watched in YEARS, but I am always happy to see good things rewarded. Stephen and Mary Beth must have truly helped this show out. Ken Corday should be kissing their feet. Not to mention Days/NBC did what ABC refuses to do, and that is, made changes when it became necessary.

I have never watched B&B, ever. Has it ever gotten as low as a 2.8 on a given day? Looks like that show is starting the slide, too. Sadly.

• Members

ALIRHGT DAYS!!! :D

I was so worried about them since it was kinda boring but I guess alot of Steve/Kayla helped. It is so good to see some consistency in those dailies and to see the demos-AMAZING!!! That to me means the audience is sticking around since Days has been around 2.6-2.7 since June, with the exception being the tennis week.

Very good news for Days and bad news for everyone else. ABC needs major help, especially now that Passions is closing in on them in demos. I am hoping Passions improvement begins to show in HH soon because the demos are very good right now. Days is dominating in demos again so I am hoping Passions isn't too far behind.

Very good week-makes me happy.

• Members

Pretty boring HH week, but I love those demo's! I love B&B falling and DAYS holding steady! BWAHAHA. I really hope DAYS can reclaim #2 under Sheffer by November. I'd loooooooove that!

As for PSNS, I'm not surprised it didn't gain once again. This week was the best overall week PSNS has had in a long time, so maybe it will gain for this week.

As for Y&R, like FS said, it's in a league of its own, and I'm not surprised at all that it went up. There is some sort of reveal/pay-off every week on that f-ing show, and I'm so glad I got into it this summer!

AMC, well, I'm not surprised. I didn't watch last week, but I've watched a little of this week. This show is bad. Very bad. I'm talking like worst show on the air right now bad. The writing is awful, the acting is nothing to write home about (maybe it's because they hate the writing), the camera work is shoddy at best, the directing is lazy. God, it's so bad!!!

• Members

Sorry, but looking at the DAYS numbers I just have to imagine those NBC boys, looking at each other and next turning at Reilly saying "Oh my gosh, Jim, so your stuff is working after all. We are so sorry." And giving him back his position of a consulting producer or something even higher, so he can continue to trash the show. Either that, or they will double an airtime for Chelsea, Max and Stephanie. :D

• Members

LOL, Jane. I think even NBC have seen the light where Reilly is concerned.

Reilly's last idea airs on August 8th so it is very likely we are already seeing stuff from Milstein and co. I know the Lumi stuff from today was definitely the work of the new writers- Bryan confirmed it in Greenville.

• Members

Maybe if the camera people could do that type of work with a more steady hand, I wouldn't mind it - even in still shots it's like they're holding the camera in their hands and shaking. It's okay for event type episodes, but I prefer the classic style.

Archived