July 24-28, 2006

Toups

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am surprised DAYS held steady and almost went up to a 2.8, the show wasnt terribel just boring. This current week has been just as boring so hopefully DAYS can hold onto that 2.7. With J&M returning and Beth's new material starting I think DAYS is in excellent shape. With Hoagie's stuff airing in a month or so I think DAYS will be ahead of B&B by November sweeps if not sooner. :D

I think PSNS is finally starting to turnaround some, so seeing their demos getting better is nice to see. And only a little behind the ABC soaps now.

I feel soory for ABC soap fans, its like the head honchos over there dont even care what airs anymore.

• Members

PSNS has been pretty good lately. And DAYS is showing some signs of hope. I am really hard on NBC, but I have to give it up when it comes through. This week has been great for both NBC shows, so I hope that it pays off in the ratings next week.

• Members

Okay, so DAYS' ratings go up after they bring back one of their most popular supercouples (Patch & Kayla) who still deep down love each other, and AMC's ratings drop as they keep trashing one of their most popular supercouples (Tad & Dixie) by having them both longing for and/or sleeping with other people. Could there be a connection?

Admittedly, the rest of AMC is a mess, starting with the lack of good couples, imo: Aidan & Di are just as dull as Aidan/Erin, Zendall bore me, Jack/Erica seldom share a scene, Jon/Lily are just sick, and now Ryan is hanging around Annie, who has as little spark with him as Greenlee did. Add in the Unabortion, which was an insult to all of us long-term fans, and the constant propping of the Carey women and Lavery men and it's a wonder that AMC isn't in last place yet. Even having Rihanna (sp? I don't keep up with pop music) sing on Tuesday didn't bring viewers in at all, apparently not even teens. So much for stunts over quality writing.

I do prefer the cinematic look, though. The slightly shaky cameras feel more realistic to me and make it seem like a prime-time show. Unfortunately, it's like dressing up a skunk and trying to convince everyone it's your baby. Without a better headwriter, the look of the show isn't going to draw in anyone.

• Members

Bingo!

Poor Brian is so delusional it's not even funny. The man honestly believes what his research reports are telling him: that the low ratings for his shows are because the world is unstable right now and that once things calm down ratings will go back up. I kid you not.

Now even someone with an elementary school education could see how flawed this is: Why would what's going on in the middle east only affect the ABC soaps? Why would it affect soaps at all? The world is never going to calm down etc.

Add that to "findings" that minorities cause people to change the channel, that people don't want to watch social issues stories, that teens only watch for teens and suddenly AMC, OLTL and GH in their current states make sense. I don't know who does this research but I think they missed a few stats classes and the lecture on influencing your own research results.

• Members

Days has a 2.7 in June too and then dropped and now is back. Could be a summer bump more than anything. Just imagine the possibilities with consistenly good writing. He can write some bombs, but Hogan can also deliver some [NAME NOT ALLOWED] stories.

I wish ATWT would rise. The slasher story has been enjoyable.

What all the shows need is more consistency (and I don't mean showing the same actor every single day).

• Members

I wish the ratings were like this:

Final Standings

1 Y&R 5.4 (+.1)

2 B&B 4.0 (-.1)

3 DOOL 3.7 (SAME)

4 PSNS 3.6 (SAME)

5 GH 3.5 (SAME)

6 AMC 3.4 (-.1)

7 ATWT 3.4 (SAME)

8 OLTL 3.3 (-.1)

9 GL 3.2 (SAME)

Just add 1.0 to everyone LOL & 2.0 for PSNS LMFAO!

• Members

Any theories on why B&B's ratings are going down?

I thought Darla's death would have given the show a lift.

Maybe Bricky is a real turnoff, and people want Brooke with Ridge instead? :rolleyes::lol:

Seriously, Bradley Bell is a very poor headwriter: B&B has got a great cast, but sadly too many characters, like Sally, Clarke, Eric and Jackie are very underused.

DAYS: I'm pleased their ratings are better, although it'll be hard for me to keep watching the show after Matt Ashford/Missy Reeves finish. :(

ABC Daytime: oh man, I'm glad I don't watch any of their soaps. I was once a big GH fan in the 1980s and 1990s, but there's no way in hell I'd start watching again. :lol:

• Members

People are not invested in Darla. Period. They like her character, they like her with Thorne, but this wasn't a ratings-spiking event, because we barely saw Darla on the show before she died. I bet the audience gave a big, fat "Who Cares" when they saw Taylor run her over. It would be like killing off Caroline's dad...no one would really give a damn.

And count me in as a Brooke and Ridge fan. Build the bridge again, Brad!

Brad Bell is a shitty Head-Writer. He gives his audience no time to invest in a new character and rewrites the histories of the characters that have been on previously.

It's going to take the exit of one of the original four: Stephanie, Eric, Brooke, or Ridge, to panic the hell out of Brad Bell. That, or DAYS beating them in the households(which is VERY likely!).

ABC is pathetic. That network has GOT to stop the bleeding.

• Members

Ummm, yeah people want Brooke with Ridge. They are what got me hooked on the show & all. But even if I don't get Bridge, I never have been able to tolerate Br-ICK. Yucko. Of course, I'd take Thorne & Brooke over any of these couples any day. Why oh why did they ever have to split them up? I could've watched their drama for YEARS. B&B hasn't been that good during any story since IMO.

• Members

So what will it take for ABCD to stop the bleeding? OL is taping 6 weeks out what will their ratings look like after 6 more weeks of this? There isn't any suggestion that things will change for the better. We have 50 something pictures of of a party where half the characters are newbies. There is nothing that suggests encouragement for the fall only more of the same. Nothing to stop the bleeding at all.

Archived