July 24-28, 2006

Toups

• Members

This show can't wait till November for a new headwriter. It's fans are beyond pissed and it's in worse shape now than when Malone left. They can't wait till Jan for new stuff to show up. The good will is gone, the patience is gone and I have no clue what they can do to fix this disaster or clean up the damage done to the backbone of the show.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As an OLTLer, ratings drops may just have something to do with spitting on your once-supercouples and their loyal fans. You break up David and Dorian, absolutely refuse to do Bo/Nora, instead pushing the only mediocre Paige in her place, put Clint with Viki's rival (after Viki's had NO love life for five years), have Nash act like a jerk all summer while Antonio parades the prize body, and to top that off, destroy the show's signature couple Todd and Blair ...all in one summer. Your reward...a 2.3, and I say it'll go lower.

• Members

As a OLTL fan I am pissed, and as a Viki fans I am ROYALLY PISSED. WTF are they doing on that show? Seriously?

Carol Hinsey writes in her ridiculous column to break up Todd/Blair, David/Dorian, Clint/Viki, Kelly/Kevin. Guess what? They did, they broke up every single one of them, why because she is friends with Frankie? What was the point in doing all these break ups when there was NO reason for any of them to break up, and we are left with what, the alternatives of craptastic suckwad shiit beyond compare that completely pissed off practically every fanbase in the process. As a Viki fan I don't EVER want to see Viki stuck with Clint ever again, why? Because his character is so badly written and so badly conceived he goes off to Viki's worst enemy? WTF??? I know Higley is going to do a triangle, do you expect Viki fans to root for her to get him? NO WAY.

The Nora fans are gone and pissed, the Bo/Nora fans screwed over every which way and then add insult to injury Nora has Paige for her friend? What? Blair has to degrade herself for what reason? Todd is acting like a sissy, Kevin is stuck apologizing til the cows come home while Kelly gets to move on and get a life, David has nothing and then Viki not only has nothing, no story, no life, no love interest, but NO airtime either! Last week they spoiled 1 Viki thing, 1, and you know what the show did, they CUT it! They cut Erika Slezak's spoiled/teased scene. WTF?

They also spoiled Kevin with Viki for this week, did they cut that too? Or are they expecting Viki fans to tune in in hopes she is on tomorrow for the 1 day that of course they have Clint sleep with Viki's worst enemy?

Why shouldn't fans be pissed when what they have done to the cornerstone couples, the ones with fans that have been steady diehard fans supporting the show get pissed on and literally the middle finger shoved up their nose. Did they expect all of us to hang in for next year to maybe, possibly see the stories move along and our faves together again? Why would anyone care to hang on knowing we are getting screwed over? Not me.

What was the point in breaking up the couples that worked when the alternative only served to piss loyal fans off and make them tune out thus giving OLTL their lowest ratings EVER! It is obvious these new couples are making the majority of fans tune out. Me included. What did they expect? For people to stick with it, watch and care that maybe, maybe in 5 years Higley time the couples would get back together, that the OL greats like Viki, Nora, Blair, Todd, Kevin would get story and airtime? IF so, where is it?

OLTL has made the absolute stupidest move in the history of the show by listening to mag rag writers when the alternative couples made by the super couple break ups only served to piss off fans who probably will never come back to watch the show knowing that the show just does not give a damn about the fans.

Frons screwed all of ABCD, Higley screws all of the fanbases, Frankie screws off the rest and now look what the show is left with, NOTHING!

Gee thanks OLTL, smart move you made this time only NOT! You bet I am pissed, why shouldn't any OLTL viewer be? :angry:

:)

• Members

I was only commenting on couples, not overall taste...showy execution, cheerleader roast, dead baby and pregnant dayplayer floating in water, mother's day murder, Valentine's Day rape....they seem to be trying to outdo each other in poor taste (Dena gets my vote, but only because I'm not invested in AMC or GH )

My question is, can they get a volume discount on new headwriters? All three shows need one quickly.

• Members

Wow DOOL is really becoming quite the competitor for shows like B&B and GH. I'm happy for them. Even though the show has been a bit slow, at least it didn't take wacky overblown gimmick to get the ratings up. I will continue to root for DOOL to continue kicking GH's ass. I'd love to see how Frons and JFP react to this.

ATWT definitely deserves to be higher. It's amazing that how much I am enjoying their teen scene right now. I don't understand why the show is so low in viewers 12-17.

• Members

Has anyone looked at all of BB's numbers ESPECIALLY in relation to last year?

2. B&B 3,883,000 (-249,000/-549,000)

2. B&B 3.0/9 (-.1/-.4)

7. B&B 889,000 (-122,000/-280,000)

7. B&B 1.4/8 (-.1/-.4)

9. B&B 28,000 (-36,000/-55,000)

7. B&B 0.9/6 (-.2/-.4)

2. B&B 856,000 (-16,000/+15,000)

BB is definitely in some trouble.

• Members

B&B is definitely in trouble, as is all of ABC.

Days and Y&R are really the only ones who have something to be proud of. I never thought two months ago that Days would be in such good shape ratings-wise when Beth and Hogan took over but it really is in good position to surge for #2. Although B&B may lose the #2 spot itself if it begins to drop like a rock.

• Members

B&B is in a lot of trouble! They desperately need some new writers over there, and a return to the original SLs: Forrester vs Spectra, Brooke vs Stephanie, Brooke & Ridge back together, an end to Brooke/Nick, the return of Deacon(maybe a Felicia/Deacon romance), Sally and Clarke right back as main characters.

DAYS ought to be on a 2.8 next week, especially for those Jack/Jen/Abby scenes. :D

• Members

Here's the monthy average ratings for each soap during the past six months.

Y&R -

Feb-4.2, March-4.3, April-4.1, May-4.3, June-4.3, July-4.3

B&B -

Feb-3.3, March-3.3, April-3.1, May-3.3, June-3.2, July-3.1

DAYS -

Feb-2.6, March-2.6, April-2.5, May-2.5, June-2.5, July-2.6

AMC -

Feb-2.9, March-2.7, April-2.7, May-2.7, June-2.6, July-2.5

GH -

Feb-2.9, March-2.9, April-2.8, May-2.8, June-2.6, July-2.5

OLTL -

Feb-2.7, March-2.6, April-2.6, May-2.6, June-2.5, July-2.4