The Tracy Quartermaine Lovefest

• Members

That's okay, just seeing your avi is worth having you post - even "blah, blah blah" would suffice so we can see that kiss. :)

So today..

Bea Arthur is dead :(

KeMo was burglarized :unsure:

And I spent most of the day with my son's Cub leader :wub: who is seriously gorgeous. We planted trees, talked Guide/Scout shop, laughed (he's got the greatest laugh - and it's very quick) AND he watched GH when he was a kid with his grandmother. I told him my favourite couple and he was "No! Really? Luke and Tracy?" Too funny.

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hookedongh

• remos

• Ms. Quartermaine

• ILoveTracyQ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

:) I remember watching Golden Girls with my grandmother once, and 'Dorothy' had this great line about her ex Stanly being so dumb he had to take off his pants to count to 21. My grandmother laughed so hard she shook the sofa, and that was the first time I realized my grandmother hadn't always been old and sex-less.

It's sad that she's gone, but after 80 years the legacy she's left behind is priceless. She wasn't the oldest Golden Girl either. I wonder how Betty White is doing with this. They lost Estelle Getty some years ago and she had been the youngest and the sickest.

• Members

I loved Bea as Maude. THAT was a ground-breaking role. She was the first sitcom character.. or any character actually.. to have an abortion on tv. That and her liberal, outspoken views, and her Kaftans! made her my goddess of the 70s. She was awesome!

Rue is still alive. She lives -- or lived - on the eastside. Saw her in the bathroom of a movie theater a few years back.... After Getty, Rue was the youngest.

• Members

Watching the Soapnet marathon with the MIL. Haven't seen the show in months, but Mama looks nice. I'm so glad her hair is growing out. And that white blouse from Wednesday's show is really, really nice.

Miss you guys--life is kinda crazy right now. Hope you are all doing well. I'm still checking email, if you need to get in touch with me.

• Members

Hmmm... Bea did a lot of landmark roles, and she certainly had an interesting career. One of my favourites is Mame where she played Lucille Ball's BFF, the sexually ambiguous Vera Charles.

Every time we loose one of the old guard and look back over their lives/careers, it's amazing to see how groundbreaking they were.

Edited by remos

• Members

Some answers from a yes/no insider. GOS of course...but if true it figures---the one time Tony is pre-taping and coming back mid summer to tape it is not involving Jane and it is Luke's adventure outside of PC. But who knows with all this--I keep hearing things are changing weekly.

• Members

Thanks for posting. Well at least Luke will be seen this summer and TG will be back during summer, which is interesting. If all this is true I believe Tracy will get more airtime this summer than the last. What I don't get about these insiders, why do people have to ask and ask. Can't they just post what they know about TG, JE and their storyline for that matter?

About Bea Arthur, I'm a huge fan of her and I was so shocked and sad last night when I heard about her death. I could not be sadder about a dead celebrity. I grew up with The Golden Girls and I taped all episodes and watched them over and over. I was so happy when it was released on DVD. I never got the chance to see Maude since it was never aired here in Germany, but the first Season is out on DVD in the US, so I bought it about 2 years ago and I love it. I hope the remaining seasons will follow. Also I have a CD with her One-Woman-Show and she is so great in it. This woman was hysterical and amazing a true legend and I believe she was a very good human being too, she did fight for animals rights.

Within 10 month we lost Estelle Getty and Bea. I hope Rue and Betty are fine. Now only the youngest and the oldest of the girls are alive.

BTW, Betty White is amazing too. She is in the TV business from day one right after TV was invented.

Edited by SeanM

• Members

So lets get this straight..

Luke discovers Ethan is not his son, so he must be the son of the other man in the picture that Tracy saw. Holly confirms that Ethan isn't his but we don't know what else she has to say. They have scenes together (which could very well be about their past as much as present day) and Luke leaves to find Robert with Tracy's blessing (which I can't see her giving easily if Holly is his travelling companion). Then we wait along with Tracy while Lulu and Ethan get closer. Then scripts that haven't even been circulated yet may or may not have Tracy involved in any of it, but we do know that TG is returning briefly this summer (rumoured to bring with him Robert) before continuing his time out of town which will roughly correspond to the time of JE's summer vacation anyway.

Any way you cut it Tracy will be getting more this summer than last, and TG won't be gone for 5 months straight. As for why insiders don't just spill the beans - either they don't know what they say they know or they are trying to be coy so TPTB can't figure them out ('cause JFP has really come down on insiders in the past 2 years). The Luke leaving has already been spoiled, Tracy giving her blessing is a no-brainer since Luke wouldn't leave without talking to her, but the rest is so far out it isn't even fully written yet. I wouldn't get my knickers in a twist yet.

EDIT

More spoilers from SZ...

This week:

Luke puts Ethan in the hot seat about paternity.

Luke orders Ethan to consent to a DNA test to show once and for all whose kid he is. But Ethan wants no part of that.

Tracy remonstrates Luke by theorizing that this is exactly what Ethan wants to have happen.

Luke hammers away at Ethan until the young man gives in to the DNA test.

Next week:

Tracy worries about Ethan bamboozling Luke

Ethan’s DNA test shows he’s no match for Luke

That doesn’t ease Tracy’s mind about Ethan’s double-cross at all.

Edited by remos

• Members

Supposedly Holly leaves town before Luke does. he doesn't leave with her. In the old 80s thread they seem to have an "emma insider" who said her first scenes taping in June are in a hotel room with robert. Luke hasn't been able to find him but Holly has and ethan walks in and tells him he is his father.

Now they "claim" that emma's schedule is very mapped out and thus is her storyline. We shall see. I would rather see holly/robert/luke than pretty much anything else on the show proposed for summer, so if that is for the July mini-sweeps that is good with me. However, I am still taking all this with a huge GOS.

I think there is quite a bit of ethan, tracy and luke these next two weeks or so. Then holly arrives, and I am sure there will be something with that. At least Tracy is going out with a pretty good bang for April/May before her summer hiatus!

Considering six months ago I really didn't think she would be around past march--guess gotta be happy. Truthfully, if they use her somewhat, I am enjoying her scenes with others. Nothing could be worse than last summer. Well take that back--guess it could be worse--but hopefully it won't!

The only part that bugs me is I think if Tony is pre-taping, and then comes back mid-summer to tape some more (if this insider knew what they were talking about), then it will bug me if Tracy isn't anywhere in that story or with him at all til the fall. Only because I know that if he wanted her in his story during that time, she would be.

Oh...also in SOW this week, there was a letter about how great the Tracy/Edward scenes were at the HS and how it is a crime to waste them to prop newbie stories and when there are live Qs out there just waiting to be brought back. Perhaps the audience would care a bit more about them.

Another letter about how much a viewer hates Ethan. With a pic of Tracy/Ethan/Luke.

Edited by hookedongh

• Members

BTW--My husband did a celebrity waiter event tonight with Harry Hamlin and Lisa Rinna. He got Lisa to sign her playboy mag she is on the cover of. She whipped it open and signed right on the centerfold! He said he had a nice talk with Harry about LA Law cause that used to be his favorite show. He said Lisa's lips are HUGE!!!

• Members

New medianet for week of the 4th...

Only one of Tracy so far

116281_6277_thu.jpg

Several others of Luke/Ethan/Epiph at hospital. Luke/ethan/luke at Haunted star.

http://www.abcmedianet.com/Web/display/dis...p;leftcol=links

Here is is bigger

116281_6277_pre.jpg

I think Tracy is on Tues and Wed this week and maybe TH, not sure.

Look like this is Tracy waiting with Luke for DNA test results.

In other news today--yippee--another "vet" is joining GH...

Martha Byrne as Mayor Floyd's wife

http://www.soapoperasource.com/gh/news/wor...l-hospital.html

Edited by hookedongh

• Members

Really? I thought Major Flub was gone for good. We don't need another vet from a different show - we need more of what we already have.

I wonder if that's Tracy's office? It's someone's office.

Monica's on again today telling Jason to wake up because she loves him. Mike sighting at Kelly's. Mac at the hospital checking on Robin/Emma and takes them home.

Otherwise...

-Scrubs post-Emma's ride down the stairs isn't pretty, then Patrick finds out about the anti-depressants

-Doctors advice Sonny to operate before it's too late and he gives the go-ahead

-Olivia lets Claudia know she's watching and she believes Claudia is pregnant with Ric's child.

-Liz and Nicholas at Kelly's dealing with Lucky/Rebecca, later Nic sees L&R liplock

-In his worry over Jason, Spinelli calls Maxie "Maximista" and hugs her close, but ultimately leaves 'Maxie' and the fantasy behind

-Jax overhears Jason and Carly talking about Carly's health, and tells Carly she's more important to him than the baby but Carly says she's not ending the pregnancy

-Jason puts 2+2 together and gets Claudia causing Jerry's car to explode

-Robin has an 'intervention' with Dr. who's it, Kelly, Patrick, Maxie, Mac and Liz. Robin is NOT amused.

Tracy tomorrow I believe.