Y&R April 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

An interesting question. 

I personally like seeing him in Dad mode, but even I would be hard pressed to think of anything outside of that simply because any time they have tried to do something with him...it gets walked back. 

Given that he takes after Nikki like Victoria takes after Victor, I would think there is an idea there where a story could be sprung, too. Outside of that, perhaps if Dad Nick actually took a firm dislike to one of his kids's significant other and trouble starts? 

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I wouldn't necessarily do anything different or drastic with Nick, but I would have others in Nick's life gradually realize what we have known for years: that Nick, as played by JM, is, at best, a manchild; an "overgrown frat boy" who's never gonna be the sort of solid, mature businessman and patriarch that his father is/was, but who nevertheless has qualities that others respect and even admire.

• Members

Yeah, I did like the twist of Nick being in on Victor one-upping Jordan and imprisoning her in that room. 

And Genoa City could use the hero type since Chance has left that throne to play work politics. 

• Members

My issue is that I don’t think Y&R has any idea of what to do with him and hasn’t for at least a decade. He’s not well suited for the type of stories he gets. He’s not untalented; he’s great-looking; he can be charismatic when he wants.

He wouldn’t be the first in Genoa City…

I dunno… we’ve already seen Nick waver quite a bit about his place at Newman, and he started that ill-fated club that Dina burnt down. It wouldn’t surprise me to see him ditch the corporate gig for something more free. But they don’t seem to be able to write for him outside of NE.

• Members

I'd make him into a Brock like character. Spiritual awakening of some sort. But with him, he'll wind up opening some holistic type shop with homemade bars of soap, essential oils and things of that nature. Oh, and Tye-dye shirts and dream catchers. If the censors allow it, he'll become a Bob Marley type.

• Members

I think Nick works better when he's the Newman son who's NOT involved in the family business but has other stuff going on. God knows we already have enough "vague, ill-defined corporate drama" going on all the time.

Abby was rocking one of Stephanie Forrester's old pantsuits today.

• Members

Question about Monday’s episode, why was Abby dressed in an ugly green pantsuit straight out of 1987?

Please register in order to view this content

I’m a few episodes behind due to work playing catch-up now but I will I think the most of the  cast is doing their best with the lackluster material given. The whole Harrison kidnapping story should be a bit more riveting but JG’s writing is so low energy. 

Still I appreciate AL, MTS, AH, etc still trying to give it their best at it.

LOL you beat me to the punch!

• Members

Nick had the housing project but that was never dealt with .

Trouble is in addition to Josh's crappy writing they can't afford to bring in sets and characters that might provide an appropriate story for Nick. Maybe some sort of social issue thing where he helps a struggling family etc

He just doesn't work as a NE exec.