• Toups pinned this topic
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Ugh. I just wrote a whole post on my thoughts on Monday’s episode, then the page suddenly refreshed on its own and my comments gone. It just wasn’t meant to be

Please register in order to view this content

I’ll have to share later.

• Members

Knowing Josh, the Ashley story will be told quickly, many opportunities will be missed/rushed through and Eileen will head offscreen for recovery.

It has already started poorly, with no real reason why the DID would come upon her now after so many other traumas that might have triggered it.

• Members

I agree that the only thing missing from the story is what caused Ashley to splinter off. And it better be something better than an argument with Tucker. Cuz Ashley has been through so much worse. 

That said...it should not take Eileen Davidson hinting at what's going on through inflection, looks, and body language for the audience to know what's going on. Though as usual Eileen did it FLAWLESSLY. And honestly...she did the reveal without there even being a reveal. Why? Cuz JG cannot write it well at all apparently. 

• Members

I can't believe that they have a twice escaped murderer running around Genoa City and there isn't a single character that is a cop.  Is Victor the only law enforcer left?  This show is so friggin lazy!

• Members
Posted (edited)

Haha here’s my thoughts on that April Fools Day episode:

ED is doing great at cracked Ashley and I’m glad Traci had realized that Ashley has cracked too. Actually the acting from ED, TSJ, ZS and BM is the only saving grace for a story that doesn’t make sense to begin with. 

The Summer/Claire scenes were okay but low energy. Claire was given recycled Kevin dialogue…come back to this after Claire has seduced Kyle and revert to true form lol.

Kyle and Diane had a tiff I must have missed, but given they have had the same conversation about resentment for months now, it’s not that interesting and actually shallow instead of their being a more psychological depth. I think a story of Diane resurrecting her architectural career would have been better. 

The OCD story is over the top bad and depressing. Connor getting institutionalized seems unnecessarily cruel. Did JG have a bad childhood?

Finally as much as I love CZ, Jordan getting new disguise and new revenge scheme every month  is getting old, like she’s now Elmer Fudd or Wiley E. Coyote.

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

Yay @soapfan770 sounds like stuff I have stuff to look forward to. 

As for Kyle/Diane, you didn't miss anything because it's coming completely from left field. What makes it more annoying is the fact that KYLE was the one who put Diane up to it. Diane told him her reservations and that the job should be his. That she did not want him to resent her for doing it. But KYLE was like no, no, no. So NOW that KYLE is getting resentful of his own mother who HE put up to that job, I have been rolling my eyes. Diane was right.

Also not helping that 'story'...it has popped up...what...once a month for the last couple of months.

They would have been better off having Kyle circle back around to Summer now that Summer has moved on from him to Chance. 

• Members

I’m glad @Taoboi! As always I’ll try not to spoil too much.

I thought at first that Tuesday 4/2 was going to be a Snoozeday but I was actually pleasantly surprised by the Cole/Victoria scenes. Obviously HT would have been a joy to have back, but Peck as Cole should’ve been brought back a decade ago and surprisingly AH actually did the nostalgia factor well as the two dust off their chemistry from their AMC days.

And I’m curious on where Claire goes from here. Yesterday she was given ridiculous recycled 

Poor Mariah & Tessa reduced to nothing over their non-house hunting story.

Honestly at the moment a Kyle/Summer reunion with tension actually makes the most sense. I don’t know why we were denied a Summer/Audra fight, but Kyle/Summer felt more natural than anything Chance/Summer lately and that’s because of some bad writing with JG being to blame.

If I had to write Y&R in 2024, there’d be an immediate refocus on all characters lol.

First thing first, Chancellor-Winters gets dissolved when it’s realized the company is unprofitable, plus it’s realized the mysterious company is slowly raiding up all the assets. 

Newman Enterprises still stands with Victor, Adam and Victoria finally coming together on a common ground. Claire wants to put her previous business acumen along with experience with kids to use and prove her loyalty to the Newman’s by proposing a new special fun fragrance/deodorant that is kid friendly. This inspires Victoria to revive Brash & Sassy

Jabot with Jack, Billy, and Ashley return fire by developing their own kid-friendly fragrance/deodorant. Ally returns to help and reveals she’s broken up with Noah but for unknown reasons. Meanwhile everyone is uncertain when it’s discovered Jill still has  power at Jabot to install Lily as PR at Jabot 

Diane goes back to architecture and Kyle quits Jabot to help her out, but by both are bothered when Tucker approaches them with a new office building in Genoa City for  the same mysterious company that devoured Chancellor-Winters and it’s deduced he’s in bed with the company.

Fenmore’s is in trouble again, so Lauren requests the assistance of both Summer and Sally to their dismay and also has hired Audra as the crisis manager. Fireworks ensure.

Chance quits business and starts his own private security firm with Daniel running IT and quickly gets employed by Newman, Jabot, and as well as Tucker for his mysterious company. 

Nate quits business to return to medicine in a general practice with Elena in charge and invites Sharon to get involved as they need a therapist. 

Devon and Abby launch a new musical/nightclub venue in a join venture with Tessa and Mariah.

Fen returns and reveals to Michael and Lauren that he’s broken up with Trey after Trey cheated on him with Noah Newman. There’s an uproar, but Audra, Mariah, and Ally all confirm Noah’s sexuality. In the meantime Tucker meets with boss of the the mysterious company he’s collaborating with it. It turns out the boss is a Trey Prentiss and Trey plans for Prentiss Industries to rule Genoa City once more. 

• Members

That all sound so amazing!!  

Would Trey Prentiss and Fens Trey be one of the same?? I’d like the idea of him being Brooks Prentiss son! Gotta cast Brooks though too! Bryan Dattillo is off contract at Days right? 

• Members

Lordy, what are they doing to TSJ (more like NOT doing)? Why do soaps get these powerhouse veteran actors, then not write for them to shine? I'm sick of it.

They had Tucker, once again today, having scenes with Devon and Lily where he is subjected to begging them for a tidbit of info about their lives and his grandson, yet they piss all over him and walk away. End scene.

The logical conclusion would be for these folks to end their feuds with one another in some small way, and move on from there. It's been long enough in soap time. Tucker hasn't done a damn thing lately that would cause this disdain to continue. How long has TSJ been on this show? Over a year for sure, right? God, please write him something juicier than being hated and proposing to his Blue Velvet lover.

• Members

He's been looking a whole a$$ snack every time they get his shirtless lately. Just MMMM.

Yeah, I am surprised that on one is playing on the history of Kyle and Summer always being drawn back together. 

IDK either re: Summer vs Audra. They definitely had potential and chemistry. And AL is at her best for me when she gets to play the fire she brings to the role. ZS would have had Audra put up a good fight, but I felt AL's Summer was going to eat her alive in the brief catfight they had. And I really wanted to see it. Alas...

Now...why you not writing this show?

• Members

4-1

You all warned me of that new Jordan disguise. But I HOLLERED when I laid eyes on it. Not even a good holler. This storyline IS starting to give Maria Arena Bell levels of silliness and at least IMHO MAB gave some moments. I DO see potential in Summer/Claire which is actually sad cuz it was nice to see them happy with Harrison.

A GOOD HOLLER? The moment Tucker and Audra walked into the hotel room and Ashley was waiting for them. Again. It's becoming a running joke. lol. It was giving me 90s DAYS. Another brief Ashley vs Audra catfight. And Ashley again mopped the floor with her...unbothered/dismissive look and all. I also loved the Ashley/Traci scene.

I wish they would do more with Diane. Now that her return storyline has ended and now that the next leg of her journey (back to Jack) is complete...what else is there for her? She's feeling a little too much 'just there' for my liking.