Y&R April 2024 Discussion Thread

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

Kind of funny to see some callbacks to classic Y&R last week with Harrison calling Jordan a witch and Victor's bomb shelter dungeon still intact, haha.

I've been laughing at all of the things Jordan "no last name" is being called. Lots of actors have picked up on EB's way of saying "that Jordan woman." Even Phyllis and Daniel said it. This week Victor switched to "that Jordan broad." Nikki called her a beast, and Harrison called her a witch. Jack simply called her "the Jordan" a la "the Donald" (assuming PB missed a word there, even though he's the self-proclaimed master of rote memorization).

Edited by BoldRestless

• Members

https://www.firstforwomen.com/posts/entertainment/melissa-claire-egan

(There are no spoilers in this interview)

"While portrayer Melissa Claire Egan admits she misses Chelsea’s wild days of machinations and love triangles, the real-life mom is honored to tell these grounded, important stories about depression, OCD and trauma."

--

In my opinion the rapist / rape victim romance (rapemance) of Chelsea/Billy negates any good they are trying to do.

• Members

They are killing me with this and I usually have the show on as background noise while I work. 

Was not expecting Victor to have Jordan in his basement

Please register in order to view this content

• Toups unpinned this topic
  • Members
Posted (edited)

4-25

Hold up!!! Not Victor bringing back Julia's man's set. I...

But seriously that set with the winebottles is giving me DAYS OF OUR LIVES Secret Room and I'm not hating that at all. In fact, I was firmly Team Victor for doing it. It could be my personal feelings about kids in danger, but I was mentally cheering him on. 

It's been surprising how interesting this week has been. Nikki thinking she was going to get one over on Victor...only for Victor to be Victor-ing. It was a surprising good climax. Kyle found Harrison. And AL acted her butt off. The Giggly Heffa trying to make it about her. I just felt everyone did good. And smart on Victor for telling NO ONE where Jordan REALLY is. Given the last two Jordan fights, I wouldn't tell anyone of them either. So when people do find out...it better not be blame Victor. And now a new tale starts with 'where is Claire?'

Meanwhile... Ashley has ANOTHER personality. Lord Baby Jesus!!! But like I said before...I can see ED is having a ball and she's playing them to the hilt. Cuz I liked the Southern Belle in the jazz bar. I did not like that they did a lot of the set-up off-screen. And then it was the cliffhanger on Tuesday and it was ignored on Wednesday. 

Week has been good with these stories (and Vicious Lily), but there's such an uneveness to everything. 

Just watched. So hollered. Especially given Victor's history of keeping rivals in a cage (and Y&R history of keeping characters in a cage). Surprisingly inspired. 

Edited by Taoboi

• Members
Posted (edited)

2006 to Present.

The initial decline in 2006, stem from the death of the show's creator Bill Bell. The show's accelerated decline started continued in 2013 with the addition of executive producer Jill Farren Phelps.

Maybe I haven't been paying attention, but when was the last time we saw Nikki in the Abbott living room!

Omggggggg

Edited by Planet Soap