Y&R April 2024 Discussion Thread

• Members

For me, Nick was best at being the bartender at the Underground. He could schmooz and flirt anytime he wanted to. Didn't he even sex up someone in the back office? Or was that Noah? 

Anyway, what was that, 10 or more years ago? So I guess Nick has aged out as a party-boy bartender. But it was still one of my fave roles for him. They'll never use enough sets to make any of these folks interesting again. I can't believe the little boy got his own bedroom set already (even if it's only a small broom closet in the Abbott estate).

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Not long after JM arrival in June 1994, Y&R went off track (second half of 1994 through first half of 1997) and Nick/Sharon ate the show for a good portion of that time (Fall 1994 through Spring 1996).

Bill Bell tried so hard to make JM happen.

• Members
Posted (edited)

No. But I’m confused anyway with all those companies on this show and what they actually are there for lol Devon is hella boring, Those firings for personal issues stuff is so lame. Don’t feel it.

@kalbir Like u said: to you! But Nick happened and is/was popular and the shick-pairing was a success. That’s your personal preference there. It’s like when a lot of people don’t like/hate Taylor swift but she did happen too. Just because a portion of people don’t like an actor/character doesn’t mean he or she didn’t happen to the majority 

Edited by AMCOLTLLover

• Members

You're exactly right. Since when did this become a discussion of "Who's hotter, Joshua Morrow or Shemar Moore"? LOL  It's actually funny that every so often this board decides it's again time to announce that JM is a bad actor." Then it was that he's not a genuine dad with adult kids. Now we hear he never really happened.  I mean, are we serious with this?

The takeover stuff is all so, so bad. What's the point of it if it never leads to anything?

Take yesterday's "Should Nate be on the CW board?" They STOOD AROUND in Lily's office talking this through. Who does that? And what difference does it make if Nate is on the board? We have no idea what Nate does at the company or what he believes -- or what anyone else does or believes.

In the Bill Bell era, we'd go into this scene knowing what Nate wanted to do within the company. The board would meet in a boardroom -- and they would be seated with binders of material in front of them. There would be extras playing other board members. That's called TRYING to be authentic.

• Members

So we all know why Y&R got a 4 year renewal. Y&R will go greenscreen and eliminate all of the sets. They have been experimenting with it for awhile and using it more frequently. And Jill phoning it in makes the show cheap. Chance and Summer on the Monday 4/22 show with the fake backgound will happen very often. Hello green screen, goodbye actual sets! Very noticable budget cut to eliminate sets and use greenscreen.

• Members
Posted (edited)

I watched some of the Rainbow Gardens stuff during summer 2020. Don't remember if it was on CBS pandemic reruns or if I just delved into old youtubes that existed then. 
In the 1990s Christine was in attorney mode and did well with this. She discovered that the property was once owned by one of the Phillip Chancellors (Katherine's ex or his father, or maybe an ancestor.).  After this discovery, she got Katherine to fund it or assist with paperwork, or  maybe they got it declared a city historical site, or something like that, whatever, and that saved the tenants from eviction.
At the same time Danny wanted Cricket to move to New York with him for his music career, I think? Or around the same time period when her attorney career was starting to  go well.

They could have brought all this up during the Danny/Cricket scenes of the past few days.  They sort of did, but not really because Griffith always misses beats.  The conversation felt rushed.

I remember when Devon and Nick began doing the low-income housing project development/charity thing.  I think the name Rainbow Gardens popped up again when they  began the housing project around 2018.
Was it the same building? Or did they rename it in honor of the other one?

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Look, I've made peace with JM being a part of this show 'til the bitter end.  He's never been my idea of Nick Newman, but anyway here we are.  I just wish TPTB would be more realistic about what he can and cannot play.

• Members

He suuuure did. Hottest during the Amensiac story for me. 

ALSO true. lol.

Not since Billy joined no. It was a clear case of 'nothing for Billy to do so let's put him in the middle of this story.' The real story is Jill vs Mamie and the repairing of the Winters rift...which Mamie already did. And Jill isn't going to make more big moves in the story then they can let it drop. Cuz Billy is just making it about himself and I rme.

• Members

And one thing that drives me nuts is that besides Jabot, we have NO IDEA what the hell any of these companies even do. There are so many companies talked about I'm not sure even the writers know. Like...what the hell was the point of Sharon inheriting that random company from the psycho? There was no purprose.